Mark 46 build 3D print

Thats the one. :) I love it,Thanks.

BTW does the blue on those LED strips match up with the blue light in the movie shot above? Also how did you do the Arch? Did you put a lens over the cover to even the light out or just the straight LED strips in there? Would definitely help out if you could post a photo of the inside where you ran the lights.

Thats the one. :) I love it,Thanks.

BTW does the blue on those LED strips match up with the blue light in the movie shot above? Also how did you do the Arch? Did you put a lens over the cover to even the light out or just the straight LED strips in there? Would definitely help out if you could post a photo of the inside where you ran the lights.
It's remotely controlled. I can choose which color I want and the first color is white (the camera shows it bluish when lights are off) in each section, I cut a 2mm wide slit (you can cut 3mm as well), then I cut 1cm from a 2mm acrylic sheet and shove it sideways. Here's an example :
3479d274100c6019e313490cab6729a5.jpg

You can see what I mean there. The light is evenly diffused as well. It's not fully pushed in because I'm not finish with the paintjob yet. I'm on home for a week so I can't show you the inside of the suit

It's remotely controlled. I can choose which color I want and the first color is white (the camera shows it bluish when lights are off) in each section, I cut a 2mm wide slit (you can cut 3mm as well), then I cut 1cm from a 2mm acrylic sheet and shove it sideways. Here's an example :
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160419/3479d274100c6019e313490cab6729a5.jpg
You can see what I mean there. The light is evenly diffused as well. It's not fully pushed in because I'm not finish with the paintjob yet. I'm on home for a week so I can't show you the inside of the suit

Thanks that looks perfect. How about your chest reactor did you diffuse that with acrylic as well?

Thanks that looks perfect. How about your chest reactor did you diffuse that with acrylic as well?
You can buy white abs sheet or plexiglass (2-3mm) you can even use it for the eyes as diffuser. I use 1mm white plastic (it was from a gallon ice cream pot hahaha)

Progress to date. Sure wish I could have this done for the premier. :)

The right bicep is currently printing and hopefully have those done sometime this week.

Have to do a little paint touchup on the chest (Thanks Markseven for pointing that out) I thought it was red but apparently based on the new diecast model its actually a small amount of gold near the chest flaps. Do3D is also working on making a vent that goes underneath those chest flaps.

I have used 'Neopixels' before.. (in several projects)

I guess I'm not clear on your question.

"will these expand enough to add wav sounds to them?"

Can you clarify?

If you plan on going the Neopixel route... then I dont think you can use the Adafruit Waveshield (might be too big for your project anyways)..
due to the crucial timing needs to run the Neopixels (code)..

You'll probably have to use one of their audio trigger boards.. or use one of the many 'audio boards' on ebay DFPlayer W588D-20..etc (there are several)

some things to be weary of:

1.) HOW you load the sounds to these boards (some have microSD cards,,, some do not)
2.) some require you name your audio files in with a specific matching name (some will only play files in order..etc YUK!)

so just read up on the one you choose to go with.

I want to do/make an Arc Reactor as well.. (but havent found a decent, affordable kit yet).. electronics arent the problem for me! :)

(heck I'm still looking for a GOOD IM helmet to put ny other electronics into!.. I have 2.. and they are BOTH not worth the effort/time it would need to make them decent)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used 'Neopixels' before.. (in several projects)

I guess I'm not clear on your question.

"will these expand enough to add wav sounds to them?"

Can you clarify?

If you plan on going the Neopixel route... then I dont think you can use the Adafruit Waveshield (might be too big for your project anyways)..
due to the crucial timing needs to run the Neopixels (code)..

You'll probably have to use one of their audio trigger boards.. or use one of the many 'audio boards' on ebay DFPlayer W588D-20..etc (there are several)

some things to be weary of:

1.) HOW you load the sounds to these boards (some have microSD cards,,, some do not)
2.) some require you name your audio files in with a specific matching name (some will only play files in order..etc YUK!)

so just read up on the one you choose to go with.

I want to do/make an Arc Reactor as well.. (but havent found a decent, affordable kit yet).. electronics arent the problem for me! :)

(heck I'm still looking for a GOOD IM helmet to put ny other electronics into!.. I have 2.. and they are BOTH not worth the effort/time it would need to make them decent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXt8l2XH-Q

Thanks X917. Basically I want to get the suit to do multiple functions, Control and operate 4 servos in the back for the flaps, Control and produce sound for walking, control and sound for the hand repulsor (On/off with wrist movement), arc reactor and the leds. I do have a friend of a friend who is a electronics engineer that I will plan to hit up if it gets to complicated. But would like to try this myself and just trying to figure out what I would need to get started. Basically I want to consolidate everything and make it as small as I can if possible. Any suggestions on what audrino, audio boards etc.. to get?

(I'd say all that is easily possible)

I'd also say .. do you want things to be 'modular'?

or you do what things to 'connect' to a central 'brain' (so to speak)..

I think modular might be easier,, and produce the best results. (no wires running down the suit arms to the chest.. where everything 'connects to' for example.

pros/cons..

each 'unit' would gets its own battery pack and speaker though...

better sound effects IMHO if the repulsor sounds comes form the gloves, vs chest. :)

I can help you do all of these things. (and already have a face plate tutorial around somewhere).. ;) with wiring diagram..etc.

IMHO..

2 x repulsor 'circuits'.. (could be done with an Arduino Pro-Mini [$2-3.00 USD].. and some add-on boards.. depends on how you want it to work,,, trigger....etc)

1 x helmet circuit (eyes, faceplate/servo and audio).. another Pro-Mini and add-on audio board, battery/speaker..etc...

1 x body circuit.. not sure if you want to make the Uni-Beam/Arc Reactor part of this circuit? or how you want to control the 'flaps'.. but might require another Servo shield/board to control/power the servos..

not sure how you want to do the legs... but probably the easiest one to do? (least amount of work/components)

(I'd say all that is easily possible)

I'd also say .. do you want things to be 'modular'?

or you do what things to 'connect' to a central 'brain' (so to speak)..

I think modular might be easier,, and produce the best results. (no wires running down the suit arms to the chest.. where everything 'connects to' for example.

pros/cons..

each 'unit' would gets its own battery pack and speaker though...

better sound effects IMHO if the repulsor sounds comes form the gloves, vs chest. :)

I can help you do all of these things. (and already have a face plate tutorial around somewhere).. ;) with wiring diagram..etc.

IMHO..

2 x repulsor 'circuits'.. (could be done with an Arduino Pro-Mini [$2-3.00 USD].. and some add-on boards.. depends on how you want it to work,,, trigger....etc)

1 x helmet circuit (eyes, faceplate/servo and audio).. another Pro-Mini and add-on audio board, battery/speaker..etc...

1 x body circuit.. not sure if you want to make the Uni-Beam/Arc Reactor part of this circuit? or how you want to control the 'flaps'.. but might require another Servo shield/board to control/power the servos..

not sure how you want to do the legs... but probably the easiest one to do? (least amount of work/components)

Thanks for the assistance. Will definitely be in contact. Will send you a PM. Based on your recommendations I will probably go with the modular options. Didn't think about all those wires. The helmet is already GTG minus the hinges which I might try and design myself since the Mark 46 is a little different in shape. (It has that small lip in the forehead piece compared to Mark III style helmet).

Would like to do all of this via magnetic activated switches very much like this one.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/darkside501sts-iron-man-war-machine-repulsor-kits-169427/

As far as the legs go I would probably do it just like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PPBHl61eWI

Ah.. yeah Ryans approach from a few years back...

(accelerometer based).. and easy to implement.

I dont recall if he was tweaking the 'TONE' library for his sounds.. or actually playing audio file/playback...

Also.. Darksides approach of using 'magnets' (reed switches) is nothing new either.. and just as easy as using a regular switch..

Ah.. yeah Ryans approach from a few years back...

(accelerometer based).. and easy to implement.

I dont recall if he was tweaking the 'TONE' library for his sounds.. or actually playing audio file/playback...

Also.. Darksides approach of using 'magnets' (reed switches) is nothing new either.. and just as easy as using a regular switch..

Just sent you a PM

Thanks for the assistance. Will definitely be in contact. Will send you a PM. Based on your recommendations I will probably go with the modular options. Didn't think about all those wires. The helmet is already GTG minus the hinges which I might try and design myself since the Mark 46 is a little different in shape. (It has that small lip in the forehead piece compared to Mark III style helmet).

Would like to do all of this via magnetic activated switches very much like this one.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/darkside501sts-iron-man-war-machine-repulsor-kits-169427/

As far as the legs go I would probably do it just like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PPBHl61eWI

I'd like to do the same with the repulsors eventually. I'd like to do this myself so if there's a how-to I'd be interested.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back