Mark 46 build 3D print

Thanks Jayan - Love your Foam Build as well. Wow signed by the one and only.

Well here's another update on the helmet. Had a little break in the weather and decided to add some red yesterday.

Eyes are done and GTG. Sorry for the background noise. Kids are watching Micky clubhouse. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t9OxjNuq2Ag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work so far. How did our achieve the red color? Black base coat + silver + candy red?

I'm making one out of foam (sealing stage now) and I was wondering how

Thanks, Tigerbalm, Im using the Robo3DR1+. Printer has now been going 24/7. Change my print to .20 layer thickness and 20% infill. Takes a little longer but think I'm going to have a little less work in the finishing stages.

Here's the progress to date. Hopefully I will have the back and chest completely done this weekend for finishing.

Hi,

Really nice helmet, great work!

I have a question, what size bed do you have and how did you allign the faceplate and such?

I have a bed of 20x20x18cm and the faceplate won't fit in one go. (helmet width of 195)

Thanks Leylander,
My print bed is 8x9x10 inches.

For the facemask I did a plane cut about 1 inch just below the eyes. It printed much better in 2 as opposed to doing it in one go. Just had to do a little sanding and add some body filler to cover up the cut.

Hi,

Really nice helmet, great work!

I have a question, what size bed do you have and how did you allign the faceplate and such?

I have a bed of 20x20x18cm and the faceplate won't fit in one go. (helmet width of 195)

looks cool how long print time

Thanks creative, I'm basically doing it shell by shell. Average print time is anywhere's from 4-11 hours so far.. I started the chest on Sunday and have been printing 24/7. I could speed it up by doing a lower layer height but trying to save me a little more time in the finishing stages.

Thanks Leylander,
My print bed is 8x9x10 inches.

For the facemask I did a plane cut about 1 inch just below the eyes. It printed much better in 2 as opposed to doing it in one go. Just had to do a little sanding and add some body filler to cover up the cut.

Thanks, I'll print it in 2 pieces as well.

How did you meisure the chest piece? I found a tutorial to use a simple body scan as a reference. But that does not result in a clean mesh to use as a dummy.

Thanks, I'll print it in 2 pieces as well.

How did you meisure the chest piece? I found a tutorial to use a simple body scan as a reference. But that does not result in a clean mesh to use as a dummy.

I used the Xbox 360 Kinect and scanned a full body shot of myself via Skanect. However you right, the mesh was not the greatest unless you pay for the full program but it does give me a good starting point. So I also use NETFABBs point to point measurement feature and calipers to validate and measure the other parts.

QQ图片20160408034209_旋转.jpgQQ图片20160408034213.jpg

Hello, I can use the 3D Makr45 model with your Makr46 exchange?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount the Chest Peice and back together. Magnets? Or could provide a link to someone who has done it before? Also I did the helmet with some rare earth magnets at Harbor Freight but they really don't seem strong enough. Open to some suggestions.

Thanks for the tips guys, will give the buckels and magnets a try this weekend. Hopefully will put the chest and back all together this weekend. Been doing a little body work to the individual pieces for both the chest and back. Still a little more work to go (Details lines etc..)but I think this is finally coming along. The back will have some more work with a touch up here and there after this dries. Also need to remove the flaps for adding the servos which will cause some more body work.

Thanks for the tips guys, will give the buckels and magnets a try this weekend. Hopefully will put the chest and back all together this weekend. Been doing a little body work to the individual pieces for both the chest and back. Still a little more work to go (Details lines etc..)but I think this is finally coming along. The back will have some more work with a touch up here and there after this dries. Also need to remove the flaps for adding the servos which will cause some more body work.

[url]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/Tjsailosullivan/2F156309-0134-4852-AC02-BDBF0C206414_zpspar5tlrl.jpg[/URL]
Its coming along nicely buddy this is the fun & sometimes stressfull part lol cant wait to see more [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back