Mark 46 build 3D print

Are top arms hitting the beak of the helmet? Mine was hanging up in a spot that I didnt notice and would open, jam, overload, and shut. If there is too much tension on the hinge arms I found it also caused it to open and then snap back closed, or partially close back up. I'll see if I can get some video of what mine was doing and how I resolved it

I think I have mine installed pretty good. I used their hinge that came with it. However the mask for reason won't stay up. It goes up and then sorta falls as if the weight of it pushes the servos down. I'm guessing it's just a adjustment I haven't figured out yet?

Here's the assemble all together. Just need to finish lights this weekend and some minor fit adjustments (e.g shin and thigh) and can almost call it a wrap. But will post some wear photos/videos and a picture of it with Stan Lee. :)

[url]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/tkcc71/555312CC-C895-482F-9004-BFA4C78EC043_zpsewar0v0a.jpg[/URL]
Done great job of that buddy it looks awesome glad you stuck it out and completed it [emoji4] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Are top arms hitting the beak of the helmet? Mine was hanging up in a spot that I didnt notice and would open, jam, overload, and shut. If there is too much tension on the hinge arms I found it also caused it to open and then snap back closed, or partially close back up. I'll see if I can get some video of what mine was doing and how I resolved it

No they clear pretty good. I will post a video of mine as well to show what's actually happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, look forward to seeing yours as well. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Done great job of that buddy it looks awesome glad you stuck it out and completed it [emoji4] [emoji106]

How is your range of motion? The arms especially look like they don't move very much.

It's not to bad. I looks a little stiff the way everything is laid out. I will eventually replace some joints at some point with ninja flex material.

Yeah! Some flickering lights! I know he at least had a broken boot and arc reactor. I don't know how cool a horizontal cut across the chest would look though.

Last edited:
ubcs86, Would you mind posting the link to the helmet servo kit also would you mind sharing your bracket or would it be something you are selling?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ubcs86, Would you mind posting the link to the helmet servo kit also would you mind sharing your bracket or would it be something you are selling?

Yea I will see if I can dig it up and share. Never used it though so not sure how well it will work.

- - - Updated - - -

Great job!!!
Will you do some battle damage, wear and tear?

Yeah! Some flickering lights! I know he at least had a broken boot and arc reactor. I don't know how cool a horizontal cut across the chest would look though.

I'm sure after a few wears I just might have to do that if I accidentally scratch it up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I can post the most recent stuff i've done. I have to re-make the Y bracket a bit wider though, as of right now it has to bend to get in place. Need to get some updated video of the hinge actually working to warrant posting the hinges (proof they work hahaha)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Iron-Ma...438291?hash=item1eb12b8553:g:whAAAOSwYlJW5r3N

I dont know the magic of shortening a link, but this was the kit they offer. Does NOT come with batteries, just a heads up.

TKCC, have you messed with the speed and/or angle adjustment knobs? My only issue is that mine overdrive, and they dont say which one does which or which direction to turn them to less/increase either of those options.

Thanks ubc86 for posting the link. I have been so busy trying to knock out the final touches.

I haven't messed with the speed adjustments to much,but Im pretty sure that might fix the issue. (I hope)

At the moment I have been putting all the light in, there are so many LED's in this suit. I ended up going with high density LEDs strip kit that Im cutting up and will be running it with a 12V, 3A 6000 MaH cordless power supply. Its taking forever to put all of them in and trying to determine how I will be doing the quick disconnect points. Its definitely going to require 2 people to put this on and will take at least 30-40 minutes to suit up.

Much work to do to get this ready for the con. Also still deciding on the approach for linking my shin and thigh together. I bought some knee brace hinges but not sure if I will use them as of yet. Im also planning to coat the entire suit when the humiidity is down with a 2 part automotive clearcoat just to protect the paint job.

Thanks ubc86 for posting the link. I have been so busy trying to knock out the final touches.

I haven't messed with the speed adjustments to much,but Im pretty sure that might fix the issue. (I hope)

At the moment I have been putting all the light in, there are so many LED's in this suit. I ended up going with high density LEDs strip kit that Im cutting up and will be running it with a 12V, 3A 6000 MaH cordless power supply. Its taking forever to put all of them in and trying to determine how I will be doing the quick disconnect points. Its definitely going to require 2 people to put this on and will take at least 30-40 minutes to suit up.

Much work to do to get this ready for the con. Also still deciding on the approach for linking my shin and thigh together. I bought some knee brace hinges but not sure if I will use them as of yet. Im also planning to coat the entire suit when the humiidity is down with a 2 part automotive clearcoat just to protect the paint job.
The best way to connect shin thigh is using mending plates use hot glue to get them where ya want them then fix them permantly with resin cloth i sued them on bicep forarm too

@creativestress what are "mending plates"?
These you need 4 for ea leg to for shin 2 for thigh just use a bolt and locking nut to hold the leg together ae235.jpg

LEDs are complete. Was able to sort out the knee. I added shoulder straps and foam in the knee so it stays aligned. Can't use the mending plates because of the form fit. Unfortunately I have to twist my leg in each peice separately. Just need do the fingers this weekend sort out the helmet issue and it's a wrap.

0A848BA5-EB8A-46BC-8AC6-D08A11F0515A_zpsuxwckiks.jpg

LEDs are complete. Was able to sort out the knee. I added shoulder straps and foam in the knee so it stays aligned. Can't use the mending plates because of the form fit. Unfortunately I have to twist my leg in each peice separately. Just need do the fingers this weekend sort out the helmet issue and it's a wrap.

[url]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/tkcc71/0A848BA5-EB8A-46BC-8AC6-D08A11F0515A_zpsuxwckiks.jpg[/URL]
How are you putting on thigh armors and shin are they two separate shells or you got any new technique

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back