Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

People have started to get their Shock Trooper helmets from Gamestop in the mail. Delivery date is holding steady for this Tuesday on their website.

I was able to pick one up at the local GameStop and they had a still going deal for 25% off collectibles so I got it for $74.99. They only had one that I saw.
ccdcce8fe8eec9ffe4fb0bb7680792ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone that did work and needed to paint one of the stormtrooper helmets did you have to strip or sand it to add paint to it or did you just add paint over it? Thanks!

For anyone that did work and needed to paint one of the stormtrooper helmets did you have to strip or sand it to add paint to it or did you just add paint over it? Thanks!

Done work on two Shadow Troopers and one Stormtrooper so far. I don't strip, but I do sand everything, including filing off the mould lines and filling the minor divots resulting from interior structures, since sanding shows all those up nicely. Since the "real" helmets have the top and back as one piece, I recreate that with epoxy and filler putty on that seam. And since these helmets have an upcurved brow versus the level brow of the movie props, I bring that down in various ways, depending on the end result I'm working toward. Plus the matter of the side tubes -- the slits are wrong and need to be redone for Rogue One/Solo accuracy, and need to be filled for an OT retro-build. Not getting into other details. So all of that needs to get painted over anyway, and sanding helps smooth and blend all of that. Plus aiding paint adhesion.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back