Rocketeer World Fair Poster

Vincent V

I saw a thread on here a while back where folks were talking about the world's fair poster from The Rocketeer and it got me interested in reproducing the image in vector form so that I could get myself a high resolution poster made.

I finally started the project today, this is my progress so far in Adobe Illustrator.

WIP World Fair Poster.png

I've still got a ways to go, but I think it's a good start for today. The fonts for "Rocketing into the future" and "New York world's fair" are not quite right yet.

Here's a good example of the NYWF lettering.

Attachments

• 6c527faf209511fa01240d6ef2f9f261.jpg
    6c527faf209511fa01240d6ef2f9f261.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 223
Was out of town and unable to work on this for a few days, but now I'm back to work.

Little bit of progress today. Mostly tweaked the colors a bit and started blocking out the third flying guy. Got a few more big details to block out and then I'll start going over each object in the scene and adding fine details.

1939-World-Fair 02.png

I was working on this but work has slowed due to my job. Glad to see someone is able to jump on it and get it rolling! :thumbsup

Hi there,
I just joined to pursue this fabulous poster from the 1939 NYC World's Fair! The last post I see is from March of 2016. Did the recreated poster ever come to printing?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back