Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Sad but so true....take it back to the 1930's and recast the part.

Sorry Harrison, but eventually the years AND the mileage are one in the same and Indy is also a man of an era.

You don't set Zorro in the 1970's. You don't do Buck Rogers in the 21st Century. You don’t do The Lone Ranger set in the 1980’s. Heck, I'm not even sure if you can do Superman after 1981.

Indy belongs in the 1930's battling Nazis.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2018-06-29-11-23-05.png

Well, apparently Jon Kasdan has taken over the writing on this one. And production is being pushed even further back. So don't hold your breath.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read who is writing it. I doubt Harrison Ford would go for any messing around with the character though.

Maybe they are hoping Harrison Ford will crash another plane or something and retire from acting. Then they can recast/reboot without getting as much flak.

Well, apparently Jon Kasdan has taken over the writing on this one. And production is being pushed even further back. So don't hold your breath.
Never heard of him before reading this post, and after reviewing his IMDb page I can say I've never seen anything he's written for. That's not unusual for me these days, but I'm guessing it's not a good sign for the franchise.

So the person who co wrote the greatest disaster in Star Wars history and cost the company unknown tens of millions of dollars with a pointless tweet has been given another job. I am almost certain now that Disney bought Luscasfilm as some kind of complicated tax write off scheme.

Indiana Jones is one of my favorite film characters but I would rather they just attempt making one with Chris Pratt instead of an 80 year Ford. It was obvious in Crystal Skull that audiences didn't really buy seeing a near geriatric Indy doing more outlandish stunts then he did in the original three movies. And Crystal Skull is already a decade old now.

So the person who co wrote the greatest disaster in Star Wars history and cost the company unknown tens of millions of dollars with a pointless tweet has been given another job. I am almost certain now that Disney bought Luscasfilm as some kind of complicated tax write off scheme.
To be fair, Solo was actually quite good and many fans agree. I think we all know the real disaster was TLJ.
I'm thinking Lawrence Kasdan is unofficially going to be helping his son write this to help make a name for him in the business.

I think they'd be smart to take a page from the Godfather II with the story split into two timelines, one with Harrison and one easing the audience into a new actor portraying young Indy.

At this point, Harrison could be “Special Edition’ed” into the “Young Indiana Jones Chronicles” as the “Old Grizzled Indy” that introduced the stories when they originally ran on TV...all he would need is the eye patch.

They just waited far too long between “Last Crusade” and the recent movies.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back