Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

No Shia is good news but the same writer as KoCS... don't know about that.

I am intrigued at the idea of Indy 5.
If anything the hope for a better video game than "The Staff of Moses" and a chance to get a 6 inch Indy figure... Always have to consider the marketing.

While I couldn't stand Lucas' retcon work on Star Wars; his reworking the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles gave us Wyoming 1950 and a Ford cameo in Mystery of the Blues.

Spielberg needs to remember that Ford is Indy. He said so himself.
I like Chris Pratt but I don't want to see him as Indy.

And to answer the videos question, make Indy first.

Ford is Indy.

Chris Pratt can get involved if they make him a legitimately different character from Indy.
I still stand behind my opinion that they need to focus on a different character in the future. I have always said they should focus on Jock Lindsey, the pilot from the beginning of Raiders. We could focus on his adventures and they would all be set in the same era as the early Indy films. Find a new actor, or use Chris Pratt, but create a new franchise that is engulfed in the Indy universe. Plus Disney already has the Jock’s Hanger Bar in Orlando at Disney Springs, so they already seem to have laid some groundwork for exploring his back story.

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Jock_Lindsey

Agreed, they'll keep him alive by de-aging him through fountain of youth/shambala or something similar, or they will just do stories set after Raiders or before/after Crusade most likely.

If they put as much money into the CGI improvement process as they do marketing dud movies, they would never have to worry about actors ever ageing or dying again.;)

If they managed to get Anthony Ingruber some intensive acting coaching, they could make good use of him for an Indy.

Age of Adeline was amazing.

Never thought about that option. Sounds good but if they passed him over once they probably wont risk the backlash if the other guy lives up to most`s expectations.

We look back and think of Han Solo & Indy with the same face. The corporate studio world is looking forward and they won't see any necessity to continue that.

I've never seen the entire movie, so I'm curious, was it an amazing film due to Ingruber or were there other things that make it an amazing film for you?

It was several things. First and foremost was Blake Lively. She carries such subtle grace in the role, that i absolutley believed she came from a previous time.
Second, was the scene where Harrison Ford sees Adeline as she walks in. The raw emotion and heartache on both of their faces is palpable.

Thirdly, Ingruber. You are seeing what you totally buy as a young Harrison Ford interacting with Adeline in the '60s. Ingruber can definitely improve as an actor, but if you are remaining truthful to the character of him as Indy, he brings something incredibly special that just needs to be polished.

Age of Adeline is on my top ten of all time.

Age of Adeline was a dismal failure for me. Two hours I will never get back. Inbooger didn't help it any.

New location revealed:

Retire00001.png

KIDDING..... KIDDING.......

I still stand behind my opinion that they need to focus on a different character in the future. I have always said they should focus on Jock Lindsey, the pilot from the beginning of Raiders. We could focus on his adventures and they would all be set in the same era as the early Indy films. Find a new actor, or use Chris Pratt, but create a new franchise that is engulfed in the Indy universe. Plus Disney already has the Jock’s Hanger Bar in Orlando at Disney Springs, so they already seem to have laid some groundwork for exploring his back story.

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Jock_Lindsey

Forget Jock - what about going further back and doing Abner Ravenwood? He did teach Indy and was the one who found the Headpiece to the Staff of Ra.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back