Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Solo4114, that Fountain of Youth idea is the best thing I've heard of as far as plot stuff. Good job!

Thanks! Just something I came up with at random. I think it'd be something a studio would want to do because it'd give them a chance to do a "soft" reboot, recast a young Indy, maybe go back even before Raiders to, like, the 1920s or so, offer more adventures in the "classic" timeframe, while also allowing the Indy chronology to move forward with a more diverse -- and therefore more marketable -- cast.

Personally, I'm happy with my Indiana Jones TRILOGY where he rides off into the sunset at the end. But, failing that, I think this preserves what came before and offers at least a sorta-not-entirely-objectionable option to move forward in a few directions.

They'll probably do an "Indiana Jones and the Freaky Friday", and have him jump in to a younger mans body and continue his adventures while his old body ages and dies.

From my Facebook thread, we got some great ideas. "Catheters. Why did it have to be....catheters?"

A buddy said "make it about Excalibur and bring on Patrick Stewart too"

But the fun ones:

Indiana Jones and the Health Insurance Forms

Indiana Jones and the Nurse that Keeps Stealing My Pudding

Indiana Jones and the Pantheon of Incontinence

Indiana Jones and the Crematorium

Indiana Jones and Get Off My Lawn

Indiana Jones and Let's Try Passing The Torch Again

Indiana Jones Yells at a Cloud

Indiana Jones - Is he Sleeping or Dead?

Indiana Jones and the Do Not Recessitate Clause

Indiana Jones and the Centrum Silver Complete

"I belong in a museum!"

Last edited by a moderator:
What do George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford all have in common?.....They take great pride in taking our childhood memories and s.h.i.t.i.n.g all over them.

We all know GL and HF basically hate the franchisees that made them squillionaires and as for SS......KoTCS is drivel.

Except that Harrison LOVES Indiana Jones. It's the only character he TRULY seems to care about.

This just moved to the top of my anticipation list. As much as I love Star Wars, the IJ movies have always been my favorites.

I agree that if they're going to make more, the best bet is to do something like the young Indiana Jones. I mean, they're doing it with Han, why not Indy? I'd prefer this to a full reboot, which just seems wrong to me

Me thinks(and I believe others have mentioned in the past), that a guarantee of another Indiana Jones film was a part of Ford's deal to do TFA(also Solo's death). It has been long noted his dislike of Solo but he loved playing Indy and wanted to do more.

I hope we see a more trigger happy Indy
With the mindset of the famous "shooting the swordsman" scene from Raiders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTH?! Hasn't the Indiana Jones franchise nuked the fridge already?

To me, the Indiana Jones movies is and will always be a trilogy: Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade. That's it.

I don't know why "nuking the fridge" has replaced "jumping the shark." The whole nuke sequence was BY FAR the best part of that movie. How about "haven't they swung the vines?" or "haven't they jumped the CG ant swarm"?

I don't know why "nuking the fridge" has replaced "jumping the shark." The whole nuke sequence was BY FAR the best part of that movie. How about "haven't they swung the vines?" or "haven't they jumped the CG ant swarm"?

Because it's so completely absurd as a means of actually surviving a nuclear detonation.

At that range, you'd be cooked alive in the fridge. Failing that, the impact from landing alone would probably kill you. Alternatively, you could just suffocate.

Given that the people who mention nuking the fridge generally dislike the film, it's just a convenient way to demean it by pointing to one of the sequences they find particularly dumb.

A lead box might protect you from the x rays and gamma rays, which is great if you're well outside the range of the center, where it wont do much against the fireball in excess of a couple million degrees. Think of it as the difference between wearing sun glasses in space vs actually touching the sun. Going blind is a secondary concern when your bones melt. Kind of the same idea: the radiation is not really a major worry in a place where rocks melt.

Because it's so completely absurd as a means of actually surviving a nuclear detonation.

At that range, you'd be cooked alive in the fridge. Failing that, the impact from landing alone would probably kill you. Alternatively, you could just suffocate.

Given that the people who mention nuking the fridge generally dislike the film, it's just a convenient way to demean it by pointing to one of the sequences they find particularly dumb.

It's no more absurd than all of the stunts in Temple of Doom...or God coming out of a box to melt Nazis lol. Scientific accuracy is not what I'm looking for in these flicks. KOTCS has problems, but to my dying day I will defend nuking the fridge. Hilarious and disturbing 50s era Indy moment, and the highlight of the movie.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back