Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

They made Christopher Lee do flips at 80. Ford will be okay.

A commenter at io9 said: Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.Old Harrison drinks from the fountain, and *poof* turns to Chris Pratt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. Great! Been waiting for next Indy movie since flop of KotCS. I mean... KotCS wasn't that bad but alien stories and Mutt definitely don't fit Indiana Jones movies.
I do really hope that Mutt will be in college at the moment.
Also I really hope that we will finally see Indy's diary on big screen.

I imagine that they will use some lost cities/legends as story base.
Here are my ideas - Atlantis (yeah, there was a game set there but I don't really know if that's still canonical) or less known Isle of Demons (basically there's not many known info about this legend so it could be interesting).

They could stick with the alien thing (which I LOVED...awesome way to bring the character into the 50s) to do a time travel story. Bam! Soft reboot.

If I was a betting man I would bet that a lot of people in this thread will be grinding their teeth when the first trailer arrives. :)

Hmm... Just read other thread (What Should Indiana Jones Go After Next) and I'm pretty sure that Stonehenge idea would be great (and would be safier for Harisson's back :lol).
Any thoughts?

So is Harrison just really bored or does he just not want to retire? I mean he's barely gotten to enjoy his 34 million from TFA and he's jumping into another big movie. After not caring about these properties for so long, I wonder what's got him going... grandchildren he wants to pay for college for? Dont forget he's also going to be in the new Blade Runner...

It's a freekin' era issue too guys. .

So let's go where Indy gets young again from fountain of youth even, or we get a new guy he passes things off to... Dakota Jack or whatever.
It's missing that magical 1930s era of the serials that yes you might just find a lost city somewhere,
you can travel with guns to other countries, you could tomb raid and sell stuff, It becomes too modern and
sucks the magic out of all that.

I don't know, Indy exploring some ruins in Cuba in the middle of the revolution might be fun, they could even film there for real now.

My god Shia was the least of the problems with the last movie. The writing was uninspired, the movie was filled with overly cutesy and sickening musical cues that echoed back to better moments in the previous movies, the absolute overabundance of CGI that virtually oozed off the screen was amazing considering how the first three movies were crafted, there is a total lack of the grittiness that defined the first two movies. The list for me goes on and on and nowhere on that list is Shia, it has become the in thing to hate the guy and I don't think he was half bad in the movie at all.

DO IT - JUST DO IT!

Indy 5?? What happened to the 4th one? Don't they need to make that one first? :p

Would be nice if they got the hat right this time. So I say buy a few Raider hats from Penman! They are pretty much perfect.
I hope this turns out as good as Episode 7 :D

"I belong in a museum" :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
So is Harrison just really bored or does he just not want to retire? I mean he's barely gotten to enjoy his 34 million from TFA and he's jumping into another big movie. After not caring about these properties for so long, I wonder what's got him going... grandchildren he wants to pay for college for? Dont forget he's also going to be in the new Blade Runner...

Harrison has only acted reluctant in the past with Star Wars.

He's always been up for more Indy movies. The long gap the 1990s was due to Spielberg & Lucas.

As for Blade Runner, I don't think the idea ever got any serious discussion until lately.

It's a freekin' era issue too guys. .

So let's go where Indy gets young again from fountain of youth even, or we get a new guy he passes things off to... Dakota Jack or whatever.
It's missing that magical 1930s era of the serials that yes you might just find a lost city somewhere,
you can travel with guns to other countries, you could tomb raid and sell stuff, it becomes too modern and
sucks the magic out of all that.

This.

As for Ford's age, he didn't exactly embarrass himself in TFA. Or in KOTCS for that matter, regardless of our feelings about other aspects of the movie.

Indy was never the Terminator. He was always a human getting his ass kicked. They can just have the obligatory younger co-star doing the most blatantly physical stuff this time, give Indy the weapons & vehicles to use, and he'll be okay. Indy's age is a major issue at this point but it's a manageable one.

I do agree with the earlier comment - let's hope #5 isn't totally a Raiders remake.

Last edited:
He was one of the best things ABOUT TFA in fact.

The era isn't a HUGE issue for me. I thought the Russians were great bad guys, and 60s Cold War intrigue is a pretty deep well to dip into. Or he could do another small scale adventure like TOD, which is the best of the series :D

No Shia, no cgi or at least spend a freaking dollar on it instead of letting scifi channel's people do it, and don't let George anywhere near it. I think they could still do some neat stuff during the Cold War as long as they put effort into it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back