Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Re: Indy 5 is a go!

I think the plot goes like this: Indy finds the fountain of youth and becomes 40 years younger. Tired of hunting for ancient relics he decides to start a new career as an actor, calls himself "Harrison Ford" and teams up with a young George Lucas... ;) :D

They could then cast Ingruber to play young Ford, since that's his specialty!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering what the MacGuffin will be for this movie. They could do the Spear of Destiny because it would link in with the whole Nazi theme from the previous movies.

It's actually a guy named MacGuffin. Griffin MacGuffin. And his pet puffin, Muffin.

Or he could go looking for this thing and swap bodies with someone younger.
vice-versa-the-switch.gif

Indiana Jones and the mountain of prunes.

Indiana Jones and get off my lawn..you damn hippies.

Indiana Jones and the broken hip.

Indiana Jones and the search for more depends.

Indiana Jones and the raiders of preparation H.

Indiana Jones and help...I've crashed my plane..again...and I can't get up.

Here's an idea that would be able to accommodate Harrison's age, and still allow him to be a bad ass as Indy, without him having to do too many dangerous stunts. Have a few for sure, but have him use more of the skills he learned from Anthony DeLongis and incorporate more whip action into the movie. Each film has seen him use his whip less and less. Not only is it one of his trademarks, but when you look at Raiders, he used it a LOT and it was woven perfectly into the story. It can be done and if he uses it in new ways than he has before it would add to his character by showing that his skills with a whip have only gotten better with age. Plus you don't need ****ty CGI to do those things. They can be done practically on set and filmed.

While the Nazis are an obvious villain, not only would they not work for the timeline of the new film, but they've been done before. Twice. We need someone new. They say a hero is only as good as the villain he/ she fights. Indy is no exception.

Though the absolute most important factor that I think most people miss about Indiana Jones and what this new film NEEDS to have is this. What makes Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones is the fact that he will get in WAY over his head and just when he is about to die he does something out of pure desperation and miraculously it works. He doesn't plan it. He doesn't scheme (mostly because he can't spare the time in those moments.) It's like fate steps in and works in his favor. Think of the most memorable scenes in the movies.

More often than not, he just acts out of pure desperation and he wins. To me that's what makes the character so compelling to watch repeatedly and what makes these movies so timeless. Anyone else would die if they got themselves in those situations, but not Indy.

Last edited:
Those are some really good ideas. Bring the whip out more. And yes, Indy's desperation was usually what bailed him out. Desperation and sometimes frustration/anger after some person or thing made things difficult for him.

But the problem is the whip and CGI - Ford swinging around a noticeably CGI whip would be HORRIBLE. Much worse than just not using it. And I fear that we would not see much whip action these days without it being CGI'd. They would do a better job than it was liable to look 15 years ago, and it would be ALMOST undetectable . . . but not quite. It would have that subtle stain of not-quite-real-ism that takes all the drama out of it.

The insurance company told Ford not to use the whip in Crystal Skull. Ford scoffed at that order. But still, we didn't see it in the movie much, and the insurance company might have influenced Spielberg or others to lean away from it.

Was that insurance company whip thing even real? I mean, they do much more dangerous stuff on movie sets all the time. The CGI whip seems more like a creative decision to me. I'm looking at you, Mr. Lucas.

I'd think that if they were to use the whip more in the upcoming film it would both be practical and CG. I'd imagine that in scenes where Ford is just sort of playing with the whip, not really doing anything more extreme than just cracking it, they'd use a real whip. However, when it comes to scenes that he'd be using it in trickier ways they'd probably CG it. At the end of the day, I'd bet no matter what route they took most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference and those who do are only able to because they're looking for it . . very closely.

This video shows just how good CG can and often is, I'd bet that few if any people knew that the scenes shown in this video weren't real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back