ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..)

Spirit of ob1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys thought id open up a section for people to show off their Obi Crystal chambers. Post any modifications that you have to done.
Thought this would be a good help guide

Thanks

JkLOCaD.jpg

IMAG0775_zpsdejdt1o4.jpg~original

IMAG0914_1_zpsar5bh93k.jpg~original

DSC_0015_zpsuqvixqai.jpg~original

NANO V3

CC20LED20Wired20to20Main20LED20With20Deep20Sleep_zpsj21kg5eu.png~original

Last edited:
Well I'm all about full wiring this up with all the do-dads and what nots... but I've never done anything before... so if anyone is full on leds/soundcards/speakers on Romans EFX... PLEASE show your work.

Awesome, thank you for the diagrams. I have never done anything like this, so I take take it a wavy line does NOT get tapped into the wires it "crosses". For example, the circles mean you "tap" into the wire and the wavy means they don't get soldiered together, I know its a dumb question, I wish I could word it better.

Im really hoping for run 2!

One reason I put the speaker where I did is because if it is too close to the NB-3 the magnet will cause the motion/clash sensor to act erratically

Last edited:
I did some more work on my OWK. I added a tri cree led (blue,blue,white) in the emitter. Put in a NB-3 sound board, a bass speaker, due to space limitation a li-on 18500 battery and a new crystal. Also under the back transistor is a 2.1 charge port for the battery and the transistor is the kill key. The front transistor is a real one. Here are some pics. Click on the pictures for a larger image:

I bought my recharge port from Parts Express http://www.parts-express.com/21mm-panel-mount-dc-jack--090-5012 . I trimmed back the contacts, so that they didn't stick out as much. I removed the split ring washer and threaded the nut all the way down. I took one of the round disk that comes with the transistor set from Romans Empire and opened up the center hole big enough to run a 5/16-32 tap through to create some thread. Drilled out that back hole on the clamp 5/16 dia and pushed the recharge port through from the inside. Threaded on the disk and tighten the nut from the inside of the clamp (not easy) until the port was snug. The kill key was made using one of Roman's transistor top and one of Goth's kill key

P3210154.JPG

P3210156.JPG

P3210157.JPG

Last edited:
I connected the blue led + for the crystal into the 3.3 volt accent led output, but I connected - to the high power led pad L- instead of the - battery pad. This way the led turns on at the same time as the emitter. It is lot easier than trying to solder to the deep sleep pad.

I find mine tough to pull apart... gets jammed... anyone have this issue... solutions?

I'm looking at sanding down the inner diameter of the moving ring... will that help? WD40 didn't really.

Neo, the quick fix for the tightening up is get a thick piece of card stock and cut a ring/ washer type that will go in between the ring and grenade. this should help. also check to see if the set screw is not touching the bottom
ill post a pick asap!

IMAG0954_1_zpskggjtdiu.jpg~original

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back