ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..)

Thanks guys :D I haven't tested it but I've allowed a good amount of tolerance that everything should fit well :)

Did you print this part of yours also in raw bronze just no drain cleaner soak?

No I've drawn this based on mine shown in post #183 which I manually machined on a lathe :) It's not exactly the same but should look pretty similar if printed in brass and weathered :)

I've also included replacement rod greeblies that you will just need to clip off from the bottom of the main holder :)

View attachment 736849

Thank you so much for sharing these. I noticed you said that the replacement rod greeblies can be clipped off the bottom. Any thoughts as to how they would then me attached to the existing crystal chamber? I apologize in advance for this being a silly question. I don't have anything in hand yet (Roman's saber or Rudy's chamber). I've just been on a buying spree and ready to strike while the credit card is hot. :)

Thank you!

There are 3 existing holes in Rudy's chamber with rod greeblies in them, if you want to use my replacement ones you would simply need to remove the old ones and put the new ones in :) Depending on the tolerances of your choice of Shapeways material they may either need glueing to remain in place or they may need to be coaxed into the holes :)

Thank you so much for sharing these. I noticed you said that the replacement rod greeblies can be clipped off the bottom. Any thoughts as to how they would then me attached to the existing crystal chamber? I apologize in advance for this being a silly question. I don't have anything in hand yet (Roman's saber or Rudy's chamber). I've just been on a buying spree and ready to strike while the credit card is hot. :)

Thank you!

Thank you for the quick reply and the awesome additions!

There are 3 existing holes in Rudy's chamber with rod greeblies in them, if you want to use my replacement ones you would simply need to remove the old ones and put the new ones in :) Depending on the tolerances of your choice of Shapeways material they may either need glueing to remain in place or they may need to be coaxed into the holes :)

Just got back into town from vacation and the pkg was delivered while I was gone (on a mail hold so it came today) and is currently sitting on my bench awaiting to be opened. Will post an update in a few days.

Just got back into town from vacation and the pkg was delivered while I was gone (on a mail hold so it came today) and is currently sitting on my bench awaiting to be opened. Will post an update in a few days.

I just got back into town myself. It's rough getting back to the grind after a relaxing week. Looking forward to your updates!

For those that have this piece, what is the ideal length for distance between the pieces of acrylic to show off the light saber with its inner workings? Also, is there a measurement that works for both showing off the chamber and the lightsaber all closed up? Thanks.

some pics of mine! truly love it...especially with the new fins!

20187430_10214105965467885_1700068495_o.jpg20182099_10214105963587838_372124829_o.jpg20148856_10214105960747767_862118559_o.jpg20182312_10214105955587638_1445108714_o.jpg20148986_10214105948987473_1854903801_o.jpg

That is gorgeous!! Did u have to sand the brass at all or is that how it showed up from shapeways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had to sand it down some...but others didn't have to...Im assuming it could be either inconsistencies with shapeways, the run, or variances within each RCC run...but it's not a big deal

Looks great with double crystal.
Which material did you choose for the fins? Raw bronze or raw brass?

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back