Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Florida
    Messages
    961
    1 Week Ago  Jun 16, 2017, 3:16 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #201

    tomleech said: View Post
    For those who wanted the other upgrades I've replicated my machined chamber as printable I've also included replacement rod greeblies that you will just need to clip off from the bottom of the main holder

    https://www.shapeways.com/product/SA...rudy-s-chamber

    Attachment 736849
    Very cool of you to provide this to the community. Thanks!
  2. Martin Sabers's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2016
    Messages
    29
    1 Week Ago  Jun 16, 2017, 4:51 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #202

    Many thanks Tom.

    Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk
  3. halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    6,426
    1 Week Ago  Jun 16, 2017, 5:28 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #203

    Tom is at it again!! Beautiful!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. RPF Premium Member tomleech's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Messages
    92
    1 Week Ago  Jun 16, 2017, 6:47 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #204

    Thanks guys I haven't tested it but I've allowed a good amount of tolerance that everything should fit well

    DrkSideTndncies said: View Post
    Did you print this part of yours also in raw bronze just no drain cleaner soak?
    No I've drawn this based on mine shown in post #183 which I manually machined on a lathe It's not exactly the same but should look pretty similar if printed in brass and weathered
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Messages
    33
    1 Week Ago  Jun 16, 2017, 7:07 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #205

    Ordered! We shall see how it all works. Excited.
  6. halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    6,426
    1 Week Ago  Jun 16, 2017, 8:34 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #206

    DrkSideTndncies said: View Post
    Ordered! We shall see how it all works. Excited.
    Keep us posted!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Messages
    33
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 12:21 AM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #207

    Will do halliwax. You and I seem to be looking at same threads on a couple forums. Haha
  8. RPF Premium Member tomleech's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Messages
    92
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 8:06 AM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #208

    DrkSideTndncies said: View Post
    Ordered! We shall see how it all works. Excited.
    Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you do with it
  9. RPF Premium Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Messages
    51
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 9:48 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #209

    Thanks Tom.
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Messages
    8
    6 Days Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 12:29 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #210

    tomleech said: View Post
    I've also included replacement rod greeblies that you will just need to clip off from the bottom of the main holder

    Attachment 736849
    Thank you so much for sharing these. I noticed you said that the replacement rod greeblies can be clipped off the bottom. Any thoughts as to how they would then me attached to the existing crystal chamber? I apologize in advance for this being a silly question. I don't have anything in hand yet (Roman's saber or Rudy's chamber). I've just been on a buying spree and ready to strike while the credit card is hot.

    Thank you!
  11. RPF Premium Member tomleech's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Messages
    92
    6 Days Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 12:36 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #211

    There are 3 existing holes in Rudy's chamber with rod greeblies in them, if you want to use my replacement ones you would simply need to remove the old ones and put the new ones in Depending on the tolerances of your choice of Shapeways material they may either need glueing to remain in place or they may need to be coaxed into the holes

    gumbo2000 said: View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing these. I noticed you said that the replacement rod greeblies can be clipped off the bottom. Any thoughts as to how they would then me attached to the existing crystal chamber? I apologize in advance for this being a silly question. I don't have anything in hand yet (Roman's saber or Rudy's chamber). I've just been on a buying spree and ready to strike while the credit card is hot.

    Thank you!
  12. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    Messages
    8
    6 Days Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 7:06 PM - Re: ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..) #212

    Thank you for the quick reply and the awesome additions!

    tomleech said: View Post
    There are 3 existing holes in Rudy's chamber with rod greeblies in them, if you want to use my replacement ones you would simply need to remove the old ones and put the new ones in Depending on the tolerances of your choice of Shapeways material they may either need glueing to remain in place or they may need to be coaxed into the holes

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2015, 1:00 AM
  2. Obi Wan ANH Crystal Chamber Lightsaber build.
    Spirit of ob1, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Aug 9, 2015, 4:03 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2014, 10:05 AM