ANH Obi Wan LIghtsaber with Crystal Chamber ( Modifications ect..)

I bought my recharge port from Parts Express http://www.parts-express.com/21mm-panel-mount-dc-jack--090-5012 . I trimmed back the contacts, so that they didn't stick out as much. I removed the split ring washer and threaded the nut all the way down. I took one of the round disk that comes with the transistor set from Romans Empire and opened up the center hole big enough to run a 5/16-32 tap through to create some thread. Drilled out that back hole on the clamp 5/16 dia and pushed the recharge port through from the inside. Threaded on the disk and tighten the nut from the inside of the clamp (not easy) until the port was snug. The kill key was made using one of Roman's transistor top and one of Goth's kill key

View attachment 606277

View attachment 606278

View attachment 606295

So you threaded the Roman's transistor disk to screw on the recharge port from the top? Was it thick enough?

Yes, you basically get about one thread when tapping it. I threaded it on one thread past the end of the recharge port and then tighten up the nut from the inside using a narrow screwdriver.

Spawn de Wrote

Hi guys,

I need a little help assembling my romans LS with Spirits Crystal Chamber. To break it down and make it short ... I don't know what to do :$

fullsizerender2w0subxwyqj.jpg

https://abload.de/img/fullsizerender2w0subxwyqj.jpg[/QUOTE]

how to

- - - Updated - - -

Iggy Wrote;

You should slide the clamp (9) over the chamber (1), then thread the booster (2) onto the bottom portion of the crystal chamber (1).
Then thread the sink knob (3) onto the booster (2).

On the top portion it looks like you have a static version.
Take a bolt (4) that you have and put it through the middle of the part with the holes all around it (5), and put part 5 through part (6) they should fit tight.
Take part 7 and thread on part 8.

Take the bolt (4) with part 5/6 and thread into part 8.

Then, you can take that whole top assembly 4,5,6,7,8 and thread onto the grenade section (1)

attachment.php

View attachment 659689

Last edited:
Macbeath Wrote

You need to buy some washers - I don't have the size to hand but I'm sure someone will. You stick a couple in booster (there's a narrow lip about half way down) then use one bolt to attach the pommel. The free end of the booster can then attach to the crystal chamber.
Next, remove the grenade from the chamber and put the other bolt up inside it. Add the neck sections in the right order and finally screw on the emitter. The bolt is a little too long, so you can stick some more washers into the grenade first, or you can cut the end of the bolt. Your choice.

Then, place the clamp over the chamber and screw the chamber to the grenade.

Iggy Wrote

Oh. That pommel doesn't thread onto the booster? I have a different version of the back end. Sorry. Yes, you will need to use the bolt to put the booster (2) to the sink knob (3) if yours doesn't thread together.

- - - Updated - - -

Spawn De Wrote

First of all I have to thank both of your for your help and effort!
My main problem is attaching 3 with 2, since 2 is hollow and there's nothin I can use the screw with - so thanks for the hint with the washers. I will try it.
Is it normal that 5 comes loose in 6. It fits, but if I move the saber a bit 6 is always falling down.
7 is also loose and not tight.

- - - Updated - - -

MacBeath Wrote

My 7 seems to be threaded onto 8 so can be loosened or tightened. 5 also stays in place.
However, I got my saber second hand so this part was already assembled for me. I then used some lock tite on the chamber as this stops it loosening during use. However, it also means it's a pain to take it apart to show you. Sorry.

Have you checked Roman's own site for tutorials?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, 4 holds 3 and 2 together. 4 bolts to the middle of 3. Can u send a pic of the inside of 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, 4 holds 3 and 2 together. 4 bolts to the middle of 3. Can u send a pic of the inside of 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a pic of the bolts

attachment.php

Okay, so just find washers that will sit in that inner ring with an inner diameter hole that will fit the bolt so that it will not slide through. You might have to cut the bolt down to a better size if needed

Has anyone just wired up the crystal? I'm not going to do a sound board or blade emitter, just the blue crystal. How would that look from a wiring standpoint?

Has anyone just wired up the crystal? I'm not going to do a sound board or blade emitter, just the blue crystal. How would that look from a wiring standpoint?

Yes, it's pretty easy, Spirit of Obi1 sells the kit with the chamber. I had zero experience wiring sabers and it took me 2 minutes

Yes, it's pretty easy, Spirit of Obi1 sells the kit with the chamber. I had zero experience wiring sabers and it took me 2 minutes

Good to hear. I have the chamber coming, just got to get a kit from Roman. Really looking forward to this.

My wire came out and I've yet to solder it back on. Mostly cuz I have zero experience soldering... and while I'm sure it's simple, my lack of knowledge has me procrastinating.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back