Scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon 1/72nd

Excellent! Careful, you'll inspire "imitators"! On the other hand, some inspiration isn't a bad thing... ;^)

R/ Robert

btw, nice pictures; very clear close-up photography.

Beautifully done!
I have to comment on the fact that it's taken you less time to build your scratch version, compared to the time you spent upgrading the MPC Kit.

Great job... Be proud.

I've been working on Falcons for nearly 5 years now...It's so much easier to lay down the groundwork and everything else, than having to undo and work around a kit's flaws

What he says - lovely fans!
The sowjet inner wheel looks too big for most applications but feels spot on here...!!!
Where are the trimmed outer 'fanblades' from?

What he says - lovely fans!
The sowjet inner wheel looks too big for most applications but feels spot on here...!!!
Where are the trimmed outer 'fanblades' from?

The yellow fanblades are from Anaki's Podracer, Revell Easykit. I just trimmed down the rude looking bit and then drilled it out to fit the Valentine wheel :D

Only a little bit of work today, cleaning up and preparing the exhaust unit before I mould it.
The intention is to trim the casts down to be shorter but also to fit actual fan blades over the venting I have here...I'd really love working exhaust fans in the final model

Wow...... What a fantastic build, absolutely love watching someone do a scratch build and you're doing a beautiful job..... IMHO, animating the fans add a level of interest
and "eye candy" to an already amazing project, go for it....... I did it to my Bandai 1/144 MF and I think it turned out well, if it's alright with you I'll post the video, let me know.
I look forward to your next post.

Hi Haystack, not sure if the "thumbs-up" was for the text of my post or an approval to post the video of the fans spinning in my Bandai MF, I'll remove it if it's not welcome.
Skip forward to 5:28 in the video for the fan effect. I hope you do it on yours, I'll be doing it on my Deagostini.

Of course, this is the RPF! Feel free to show your work, I saw it on Facebook and I was so amazed I ran upstairs to show my dad :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back