Scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon 1/72nd

Thanks! That's the access well for the 32" ESB Falcon though isn't it? It's got the Airfix 1/72 'Panther' hull

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah! I offer a full upgrade kit (sidewalls, mandible maintenance wells, photo etch etc) but I'm currently on hold with production cos I'm outsourcing the casting and need to make new moulds/update the masters. I'll keep everyone updated though

I've already got your sidewalls, photo-etch and mandible well kit from your prior run. I mean the other pits on the burger, like the panzer pit. Also I'd be I think it would be interesting to have a hull curvature correct kit, or perhaps you could put out a downloadable pattern.

I've already got your sidewalls, photo-etch and mandible well kit from your prior run. I mean the other pits on the burger, like the panzer pit. Also I'd be I think it would be interesting to have a hull curvature correct kit, or perhaps you could put out a downloadable pattern.

Oh cool cool cool, I'm losing track of who's got what.
I could probably whip some moulds up from the parts I've already made, shouldn't be too much trouble.

I'll upload a PDF of the curvature if you like, I'll make it a little more presentable but it'll just be a rough guide in a printable scale so you can transfer it onto styrene or whatever.

Gimme two shakes of a cat's whisker to sort it out :D

Print onto A4 and the rib template will be the correct scale

25762174420_bbd43a5c41_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very interested in some sort of starter kit. like the vacuum formed saucer parts and Printed scale falcon plans. You could offer the frame parts if you get alot of interest.

I think alot of people would be interested in doing a scratched 1/72 falcon if they had a good start and the important pieces are there to get going.

Just an idea :)

I might consider it, but I'll have to see how the forming bucks hold up before I commit to anything....

This evening I started building the engine deck, the details are currently all glued to the Hurricane piece, so nothing is glued to the styrene hull itself meaning I won't need to worry about damaging the details when I start adding in the ribs and electronics

This piece look terrefic!
But it cannot be cast anymore, right?!

It probably COULD fall into some rubber, but it's undercut city...it'd almost certainly break in the de-moulding process. That said, I guess I could pack some sort of plasticine underneath the cavities? I don't know, it would be one of the hardest pieces I've ever moulded if I were to do so. It's not out of the question though!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back