Scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon 1/72nd

This morning I fitted the starboard hull together and marked out the openings.

I couldn't find any detailed reference for the front starboard opening, so I interpreted the basic shapes of what I could see in the photos I have, I think it looks the part though. The card template is there so I can see what exactly will be visible once the thinner hull plates are glued down

If anyone has any clearer reference for this opening specifically please do share it!
I'm happy to refine and rebuild components on this falcon, I'd rather do the extra work and be satisfied with it, than have a 'that'll do' attitude and be unhappy with the outcome

MF017_11_upper_hull_std_pit_zps0f0a1386.jpgimage.jpeg

These seem to be the best i could find, not much reference on this bit. There is definatly a bit of tank engine deck in there on the back left, and some car manifold/engine parts, maybe a tank turret at the front, and a tank headlight. Also possibly the parts the tubing go into are tank gun barrel to turret parts.

Loving all the work so far Will :)

Last edited:
View attachment 606194View attachment 606195

These seem to be the best i could find, not much reference on this bit. There is definatly a bit of tank engine deck in there on the back left, and some car manifold/engine parts, maybe a tank turret at the front, and a tank headlight. Also possibly the parts the tubing go into are tank gun barrel to turret parts.

Loving all the work so far Will :)

Ah thank you ! I'll have a look through the resin I've got and see what I can come up with

Great detail. My only suggestion would be to flip the "carburetor/white resin part" (or whatever the thing is with the 4 odd shaped cylinders) the other way around. The flatter part should be on top.

Man you are taking this to the next level. Do you have any plans to sell kits or perhaps just some casts of access wells? I'm still collecting parts for my MPC and I'm probably going to try to correct the curvature as well.

Here's what I've got for the upper starboard opening. Maybe it'll help.
View attachment 607600

Thanks! That's the access well for the 32" ESB Falcon though isn't it? It's got the Airfix 1/72 'Panther' hull

- - - Updated - - -

Man you are taking this to the next level. Do you have any plans to sell kits or perhaps just some casts of access wells? I'm still collecting parts for my MPC and I'm probably going to try to correct the curvature as well.

Yeah! I offer a full upgrade kit (sidewalls, mandible maintenance wells, photo etch etc) but I'm currently on hold with production cos I'm outsourcing the casting and need to make new moulds/update the masters. I'll keep everyone updated though

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back