Scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon 1/72nd

Great news about the new job - the Falcon - which looks amazing - will be fine on the shelf for a while. Priorities matter.

The starboard mandible wall is nearly done, and with the exception of styrene piping, so is the portside dorsal hull. I felt okay priming these areas because the remaining pieces to be fitted will be glued using solvent that won't simply stick to the primer like superglue would.

I'm VERY pleased with the geometry of the thing though, it feels just right.

Thanks to Jaitea's generosity I now have two MPC cockpit canopies to work with!

This evening I, and my recurring bearded friend John (see page 1) were able to form the faceting on the cockpit nose.

I felt John's was more accurate, so I have begun to add the window trim on his version.
My plan is to mould the final piece, as it will inevitably be needed again in the future.

this sure is starting to sound as if Haystack, our benevolent genius...is about to market his own Falcon kit? Is this something that only recently occurred to me, and I'm slow on the uptake...or am I just wishful thinking.

So the MPC cockpit and tunnel are the correct diameter after all? I'm confused sorry.

Yes they are,....please forgive us MR MPC.....its the curvature of the ship thats wrong

It's really the simplified greeblies,..the elongated length of the mandibles,....& the biggie!!...the messed up hull thickness that effects everything....the curvature.....makes the sidewalls too high,...the docking corridors too shallow....etc,...etc

The recent images of the ultra accurate Bandai 72nd....show that MPC got it right in a lot of areas,...simplified...but right

J

What also throws off the MPC is the oversized radar dish. Should be roughly the same diameter as the cockpit tube.

But, really, now that the Bandai is on the way I never have to think about the MPC ever again. (except how I'm going to get rid of the two currently sitting unbuilt in my stash)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back