Scratchbuilt Millennium Falcon 1/72nd

I have to echo on the "please finish this!" requests. As awesome as the Bandai 1/72 kit might be, this is something you will have built 100% yourself. Anyone can put a kit together, but to make something like this entirely from scratch takes admirable skill and effort.

A handmade piece of furniture may not be as precisely manufactured as something churned out by a factory, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it!

I Thought about ditching my build several times too but its just too much work to chuck it in the bin,Unless someone wanted to take up the job for me im past the point of no return.

Your build is far beyond what anyone else has done.Im sure your like me in wanting the best 1/72 falcon you could possibly own and your build would be just that.Its too easy to just buy a kit and build it,where is the challenge to beat?

Finish the build and show everyone how its done properly :)

Yeachk... with the Bandai kit finally available what's the point? Mine will never match up to that :(

You're building one is a similar way to how the prop was built. The process and overall vibe of the construction has got to be more accurate than a sprue kit, even if some of the details are more accurate (and it's bound not to be 100%).

Thank you all so much for the support, it means a great deal to me...I definitely feel more motivated to complete this bastad.
Today I finished and fitted the starboard underside maintenance well, and built the portside mandible wall.I tried to make it even more accurate than my MPC upgrade kit, but in truth I don't know if it looks that good...hmm...

Incredible build! I really enjoy watching the progress. I am so happy I was able to get your limited upgrade set!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

An appeal to anyone reading this thread-

Does anyone have a spare MPC cockpit they'd be willing to part with? Just the canopy frame, I don't need the glass or interior. In theory I ought to have at least two, but it would appear I've thrown them away...I must have put them in the wrong box.
If you've got one lying around that you could donate or sell then shoot me a PM

Thanks in advance!

An appeal to anyone reading this thread-

Does anyone have a spare MPC cockpit they'd be willing to part with? Just the canopy frame, I don't need the glass or interior. In theory I ought to have at least two, but it would appear I've thrown them away...I must have put them in the wrong box.
If you've got one lying around that you could donate or sell then shoot me a PM

Thanks in advance!
I do! Could you pm me tomorrow during the day???

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I second what everyone is saying here. Your falcon is a masterpiece! Please do continue as I can't wait to see it completed. It will definitely surpass Bandai's falcon, even though it too is awesome.

When it's done, treat it as the British royal crown jewels, under glass, behind bars, no touchy with laser security beams etc... lol

Last week I started a new full-time job as a workshop technician in a secondary school; so as you can imagine what I gain in money and available equipment I equally lose in spare time.... Progress on this bird may once again slow down.

Before that fully happens though, I've been working incrementally on the mandibles. Not much to comment other than that!

Congrats HH, sounds like there are more positives than negatives,.....do you get a long summer holiday like the teachers?

Falcon is looking epic

J

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back