Wheeler Dealers - BBC

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ant Anstead is taking his place, he ACTUALLY knows how to fix and restore vehicles properly. I mean to the point where he will make sure the screws heads line up instead of Edd sticking an old rusty screw back on a new part. Edd is pretty poor to be honest, if you were clued up you would never buy a car from these guys. Black aerosol paint doesnt last that long last time i looked.

Hey Z,

I think you're correct! $$$$$$$

I dont know anything about Edd's replacement so I have no opinion and don't want to say anything against Anstead. That's not my concern. My worry is that Velocity is going to change the format and add all the drama and chaos that EVERY OTHER reality show tortures us with. It's unbearable! WD was one of the few shows that was straight and to the point with each project sprinkled with a bit of humor - no drama or pretend deadlines and talking heads that made you want to throw things at the TV! ;)

I'll keep an open mind but I hope Velocity does right by the show and keeps the original format.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, a car is born is fun to watch.

Never heard of it... Was it a UK only show?

From what i understand the format is changing hence Edds departure.

Perhaps velocity deems the current crop of u.s. based car shows are what people want.

The guy that does a car is born has done several shows in the uk with different subjects such as a helicopter, i think its 90s tv so its a little dated but still worth a watch, he is also a vet i think and did inside natures giants another interesting watch.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ant Anstead is taking his place, he ACTUALLY knows how to fix and restore vehicles properly. I mean to the point where he will make sure the screws heads line up instead of Edd sticking an old rusty screw back on a new part. Edd is pretty poor to be honest, if you were clued up you would never buy a car from these guys. Black aerosol paint doesnt last that long last time i looked.

In Ed's defense, it's not like they were making huge money on the restorations. More like fixing up a car for your next door neighbors kid. Even if he's not the greatest in the world, I still found it immensely entertaining watching him fit that gangley frame in tiny cars.

I will definitely miss Edd. I'm one of those guys who was basically a car neophyte before WD. After about a season of watching Edd's simple and enthusiastic manner I decided I would get a project car. Four years later I still have that car, and it's running great (I just painted and installed a new updated bumper last week). Then I got another project car and set off replacing all the "oily bits" that needed servicing, and some light suspension work. So now I've done VW, Audi, Mercedes, and my 4 BMWs. I used a lot of forums and youtube but I've gotten done everything I set out to do.

I seriously owe my confidence level to Edd. I'm a confirmed wrencher now.

If they are going to turn it into a run of the mill car repair show with manufactured drama and showing less of the build of the cars then you can count me out. Part of the charm of the show was the interaction between Mike and Edd plus learning how to fix things. As for Edd not doing restoration worthy work, they weren't doing restorations they were fixing up used cars so they could sell them and make a profit.

This royally sucks!! It'll now be the usually discovery channel drama, whit fake "deadlines" and drama I could care less about. It always sucks when good things become popular and inevitably get ruined by idiots who think they know better than the people who made it a success in the first place.

I used to stay up till 4am watching the Wheeler Dealers show and would end up falling asleep at school, i was about 15 at the time. Ed was the only reason i watched, Mikes segments were very annoying most of the time,If he started all that negative haggling crap with me i would of told him to feck off. I will be following eds Youtube channel very closely as im sure he is much bigger than the show allowed him to be.

Mike's haggling is one of the few things I hate about Wheeler Dealers. I understand that is part of the show, hence the name, but I usually mute that part of the show or watch something else for a few minutes. That is why I like Chasing Classic Cars, whenever they discuss money they usually do it away from the cameras.

OK Guys... the season premiere was last week with the Ford Cosworth and then last nights Mustang Mach 1. I wasn't too terribly disappointed but I felt they rushed a few of the essentials on the Mach 1 like the brakes and especially the interior - which is my favorite. But it appears to be staying true to its original format. I do miss Edd C!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have only watched the first episode so far and recorded the other two. I saw on Edd's YouTube channel that he left because they were cutting back on how elaborate the work was going to be. I was very afraid they were not going to show any work at all so I was surprised when Ant rebuilt the turbo and spent all that time on the spoiler. I'll hold back on yea/nay until after I see a few more episodes.

I love Edd, and kinda forgot I had a dvr schedule for WD. I saw it pop and watched part of the cosworth episode and zipped through supra episode. Right cars, but sorry, wrong mechanic. Mike should have taken a page from the original top-gear pact. I killed my series recording.

I just finished the big Healey episode and I was offended. On a previous episode they both complained that a car with a turbo had one of those aftermarket valves that makes extra noise. On this episode, even before they moved the car into the garage, they started talking about putting in aftermarket carbs and a custom exhaust so the car will be louder.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Well it's been announced that the British made BBC program Wheeler Dealers will finally be shown.... here.... in the UK..... In January.

Oh yeah.... and on the Discovery Channel.... go figure.

Well it's been announced that the British made BBC program Wheeler Dealers will finally be shown.... here.... in the UK..... In January.

Oh yeah.... and on the Discovery Channel.... go figure.

Hopefully they will show the older ones with Edd first so you get a feel for the way the show was.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back