MCU Spider-Man - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Looks great! But I've noticed some things that could make it more accurate.

1. Along the top part, it looks a pretty edgy. In between the cartridge housing and the nozzle, it's smoother. Also, the edge where the "spider legs" are on are accurate, but below that is supposed to be smooth. The housing for the nozzle also doesn't have a crease, it's curves down to the spider leg.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 5.42.51 PM.png

2. The spider legs on the actual web shooters are pretty deep, it possible to make the engraved spider lines go deeper?
3. The lower cuff is a bit too long
Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 5.43.04 PM.png

4. The extruded part on the top could be a little more extruded

But other than that, the basic shape and all the details seem to be really accurate! :)

Looks great! But I've noticed some things that could make it more accurate.

1. Along the top part, it looks a pretty edgy. In between the cartridge housing and the nozzle, it's smoother. Also, the edge where the "spider legs" are on are accurate, but below that is supposed to be smooth. The housing for the nozzle also doesn't have a crease, it's curves down to the spider leg.

View attachment 758159

2. The spider legs on the actual web shooters are pretty deep, it possible to make the engraved spider lines go deeper?
3. The lower cuff is a bit too long
View attachment 758160

4. The extruded part on the top could be a little more extruded

But other than that, the basic shape and all the details seem to be really accurate! :)
I do agree with some of your criteria, but this is a free file, and Ken might be improving on it. Just keep in mind that free stuff is not always perfect.

Thanks for the feedback!

BTW, I thought it might be a good time to share some info on a joint venture between myself and "Danielle" over at "facebook.com/CandeeGeeks/". These are upgrade parts for the shooters that allow them to project a "Spidey-Signal" The Projection Units (seen below with the Stark logo) are expected any day now and will be available from "Candee Geeks"... I will let you know how and when to get the upgrade parts soon....enjoy!

parts breakdown.jpg
test.jpg21767181_10155044131913553_793730999_o.jpg21755100_10155044132178553_1904452355_o.jpg

Last edited:
Ken -

As always, you're a true artist and a scholar for sharing - quick question though and if anyone can point me in the right direction, would appreciate it - Wanted to ask about the nozzle on your V4 MCU WebShooter. I see 9 files (including images) but no nozzle or the piece that it cradles in. Am I missing something?

All the best -

Ben Yetter

Thanks for the reply SPID3RM4N - I sent a message on to Ken to see if he can shed some light on the missing part -

Also - for those that have printed V4 - what kind of filament did you use and what was the result?

Thanks for the feedback!

BTW, I thought it might be a good time to share some info on a joint venture between myself and "Danielle" over at "facebook.com/CandeeGeeks/". These are upgrade parts for the shooters that allow them to project a "Spidey-Signal" The Projection Units (seen below with the Stark logo) are expected any day now and will be available from "Candee Geeks"... I will let you know how and when to get the upgrade parts soon....enjoy!

View attachment 758641
View attachment 758638View attachment 758639View attachment 758640
Will you be offering the Web-Shooter files to go with the projector as well? I am wondering because I plan on buying the projector, and 3D Printing the Web-Shooter.
Awesome progress Ken! :)

Sorry for the confusion everyone... I made a slight adjustment to the nozzle and wanted to test print before changing the links....so to avoid confusion on my part I removed the "old" nozzle... Long story short, the correct, nice fitting nozzle is back where it is supposed to be and all is well.

ALSO, regarding the collaboration with "Candee Geeks" on the "Spidey-Signal" version, I made a shooter base to accommodate the Signal torch and all was good until the supplier sent a slightly larger torch, so I am trying to make it fit properly at the moment. I should be receiving a "physical torch" in the mail any day. This way I can test print for myself and be 100% sure it looks and works fine for everyone. I am guessing next week or sooner.... Stay tuned.

hi there! i've been trying to print these out at my school's 3d printer (prusa i3) but the cuff walls are coming out way too thin! i've been using cura to turn them from .stl to .gcode, is it possible that there's where one of the problems lie? or maybe the extruder on the printer is too small and i'll have to thicken the walls myself? has anyone else tried to print these with a prusa?

hi there! i've been trying to print these out at my school's 3d printer (prusa i3) but the cuff walls are coming out way too thin! i've been using cura to turn them from .stl to .gcode, is it possible that there's where one of the problems lie? or maybe the extruder on the printer is too small and i'll have to thicken the walls myself? has anyone else tried to print these with a prusa?
shooter-01.jpgshooter-02.jpg
This was printed on my Wanhao Duplicator i3.... pretty much the same as the Prusa i3.
One tip for printing these things, go vert. They printed quicker, and smoother!

I have tried multiple times to print the files on a Prusa i3 Mk2, with no success. So I guess it could be a problem with Slic3r...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back