MCU Spider-Man - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Cool! But how are you going to work with the parts going through rotation points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

figuring all that out now... I just want to get the look right before I start with that. Don't wanna get everything moving just to find out it's not right.
Once will be enough.

Great work! definitely a fan of the 2-3 shutter approach (with paint they could look almost identical to the tiny shutters anyways)

Any ideas on how to mechanize the eyes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if these will help at all?
nLeJPwdTQyOClgAbLWvg_Spider_Man_costume_web_shooter2.png
Spidey.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

001.jpg
002.jpg

Awesome work, Ken! Especially since you just hand these out like nobody's business. You sir, are truly an everyday hero! Side-question, if I were to make just the mask template, how would I scale it to my head?
EDIT: who here has bought spiderman suits from zentai zentai? Do they use a template similar to this one? I mean with the shape and everything, not the print. Thanks in Advance!!!

Last edited:
Hey I just wanted to point out, at last as far as I can see on the pics, it looks like there are 3 moving parts on the bottom, with one in the middle for the shape of the white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANK YOU FOR THIS SO MUCH ESPECIALLY THE MOVING LENSES

*FRANTICALLY MASHES SUBSCRIBE BUTTON*

Could you please make the multi-layered mechanism too? Or send the file for that so I can figure it out myself if you're just going to work on the single-layered ones?

THANK YOU FOR THIS SO MUCH ESPECIALLY THE MOVING LENSES

*FRANTICALLY MASHES SUBSCRIBE BUTTON*

Could you please make the multi-layered mechanism too? Or send the file for that so I can figure it out myself if you're just going to work on the single-layered ones?

Yes, there will be a lens frame that will have 3 shutters that open and close surrounded by a thinner static frame. I am working out all of the details so I can start test printing. The tricky part is not so much making a mechanical shutter but making a curved or convex mechanical shutter.

Stay tuned.

Yes, there will be a lens frame that will have 3 shutters that open and close surrounded by a thinner static frame. I am working out all of the details so I can start test printing. The tricky part is not so much making a mechanical shutter but making a curved or convex mechanical shutter.

Stay tuned.
What if instead of 3D printing, a design is made to be 2D lasercut onto a flexible sheet like a thin PVC (the kind used as file covers maybe) so in the movement it will bend by itself whenever it needs to? Just the outermost frame and the 'spokes' can be 3D printed to be firm. Wouldn't that be thinner too? And I meant, like, a total of 9 shutters but in 3 layers. 3 shutters within 3 shutters within 3 shutters.

- - - Updated - - -

I downloaded the static lens but Blender was unable to separate the parts as the vertices are still connected in places with each other so I was unable to play around with it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back