MCU Spider-Man - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

The outer blade doesn't actually move if you look closesly at the suit it has an inner skirt and then the moving blades inside of that inner skirt, you can see this more on the high res images more easily if you zoom right into the eyes

Animation Fixed. Sorry About that.
Now the hard part...
eyeframeTest2.gif
(click on image for animation)

Can you confirm the pattern is screen accurate because I want to make my suit as accurate as possible.
There are other people who are making patterns for sale, Ken is not, it's a collab project so if you want confirmation on screen accuracy I suggest you go get a pattern from someone who's selling it and would have an obligation to make one like that.

As for accuracy, you can pretty much disregard the wee bit I finished on the pic in the first post. Today I really got a lot of good stuff down using the clearer reference I've seen around. I'm trying to work on the hard parts one day and the soft parts the next so as to not get burned out.... I'll post an update in a couple days. For a much simpler suit this version has a few challenges.

If, by chance, you were to turn those individual parts into vectors or just show each individually and show where their rotation point is I'd love to throw it on my laser cutter and do some prototyping.

Can you confirm the pattern is screen accurate because I want to make my suit as accurate as possible.
Right now, I don't think any pattern can be confirmed as 100% screen accurate. There just aren't enough reference pictures. Unless by some miracle we get some high-definition shots of the costume from every angle, there probably won't be any screen accurate patterns until after the film comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, I don't think any pattern can be confirmed as 100% screen accurate. There just aren't enough reference pictures. Unless by some miracle we get some high-definition shots of the costume from every angle, there probably won't be any screen accurate patterns until after the film comes out.

Oh ok thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
(click image for animation)
eyeframes3.gif
More eye frame stuff!
Today I came to the conclusion that it may very well too difficult to engineer all of the tiny shutters to move just as the CG frames.
My solution would be to have a static outer frame with a few static shutters surrounding the inner edge... then figure a way to move only 3 shutters. Each of the 3 would be printed to appear as 2 or 3 shutters. This way you still can achieve the shutter effect with fewer moving parts. They will be moving so quick I doubt anyone will tell the difference.

(click image for animation)
View attachment 604640
More eye frame stuff!
Today I came to the conclusion that it may very well too difficult to engineer all of the tiny shutters to move just as the CG frames.
My solution would be to have a static outer frame with a few static shutters surrounding the inner edge... then figure a way to move only 3 shutters. Each of the 3 would be printed to appear as 2 or 3 shutters. This way you still can achieve the shutter effect with fewer moving parts. They will be moving so quick I doubt anyone will tell the difference.

Cool! But how are you going to work with the parts going through rotation points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back