MCU Spider-Man - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

I’d really like to have assisted in some form about the early stages of a Spidey costume cycle so…
I’d like to point out what I haven’t read too much and stick with primarily the fabric as my topic.
One could argue that the red gap between vertical webbing is for the seams to be disguised while still being kept flat, another could argue the suit looks so Computer Generated that you cannot see any seems and it’d be foolish to “jump the gun” on a pattern.
I would argue if a potential pattern can be seen working within those parameters may be best to seperate from overwhelming competition and gain a better sense of scale.
I like to think of myself as capable of developing working patterns but that may not be true. In the trailer however I can see some interesting potential positioning of seams.
If you’d call the Raimi and Webb patterns raglan sleeve I’d call this kimono sleeve.
I’m guessing The suit has many pieces separated by the black plastic but I’m also guessing it is sublimated and screened so the red and blue tend to stay on the same piece of fabric.
I’ve tried to draw the seams flat but I cannot visualise them like that due to my unfamiliarity but I’d like to highlight where I think they are so I can show how strange I think the body/sleeves are. Seams.png
If it were not designed for an individuals body or did not use stretch it wouldn’t seem to work but it truly looks like the armpit and shoulder are connected to the front and back body pieces rather than an arm piece. I’m also guessing wherever there is red on the horizontal axis of the fabric the vertical seam will be on the red.

Is it just blur and lycra or does the back Spider look very curved and non mathematically drawn?Back Spider.jpg

It feels good to be back to this site and your threads Ken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-21-52.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-21-52.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 549
  • spideyhiresfull.jpg
    spideyhiresfull.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 712
Last edited:
Well I found this pattern on the Gun Head Design.
And he is really AMAZING.
View attachment 602928View attachment 602929

It's really kind of disrespectful to repost other people's works on the thread of somebody who's working on the same thing and call them amazing. Yes, it's an amazing pattern, but there's no need to show it off in this thread. You can post it on orhadar's threads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back