Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

hi all, David in Brisbane
3phase.. it isn't quite clear in your pictures but it looks like the new cockpit has corrected the side window panels that come down too far on the old cockpit
is that correct?
as you can see with the original 32" falcon the side windows don't come all the way down to the horizontal centerline like the DeAgo cockpit windows do
View attachment 472_SWO_1365.jpg

No the side windows are the same. What they did was make the front windows come around further past half way. I'll take better picks when I can

hmm.. ok, thanks 3phase
those side windows on the canopy should be about the same width as the adjacent windows too but are actually a lot wider on the old DeAgo cockpit than they should be
so i think this will be easier to correct on the old cockpit too and not have to deal with those curves on the new one as well

Nice comparison pics 3phase.

The other thing that is wrong on both cockpit cones is the bracing frame that intersects the 2 outer windows which should NOT be level with the raised lip of the canopy frames and I'm of the opinion that the frame on the original is actually wire. On some of the close up photos of the film miniature you can clearly see the "joints" between each piece around each window.

I was thinking wire but have changed my mind the more I have looked at reference. I think the cone with no plating had the windows cut out and thin strip was glued on its side. Below is a quick sketch I done of a cross section of the windows trying to show what I mean.

IMAG1267_zpstwqy89qd.jpg

IMAG1268_zpsqhqedtpd.jpg

Hey guys. I haven't yet subscribed (I don't know why) but I'm just wondering when you subscribe how are the issues received. Do they come in a box or do they come in a post bag?

Another QLDer getting this MF
maybe whoever stated this post could put all our names in first posting so we can see how many Aussies we have doing this

I'm another, but I'm currently living in Scotland and I've got two subscriptions going at the moment. They come in black Royal Mail satchels and I've not had a problem yet.

OK I have started accurizing the cockpit. I decided to use the first issued cockpit as I think it will be easier.

First was glue the half's together then filed out the front windows. Then ground/filed of all the detail from the main windows.
IMAG0002_zps0mxginq3.jpg

Then started filing where I think windows should be. Only took a pick of the middle window but did all of them
IMAG0004_zpsinyjvsmn.jpg

IMAG0003_zpsl5moxt0l.jpg

Then cut some plates from the 2nd edition cockpit that I will not need
IMAG0007_zpspouwxdbf.jpg

IMAG0008_zpsg9wf6llq.jpg

Then realised my plan wasn't going to work how I wanted so had to only cut a small piece.
IMAG0009_zpsabdhnn5e.jpg

Then cut out some of the cockpit to fit small piece in so to make this window smaller. Still have to glue this in and bog up the low areas and the lower plate joint as it is in the wrong spot. Needs to be lifted a bit. This is all I did today , might be able to do more tomorrow.
IMAG0010_zpsd5rccd4i.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back