Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

5 issues to go here in Adelaide.. then the real work begins. :)

4657596B-B217-4392-99C0-FD1237712928.jpg

A3314849-06A9-41DC-894C-6E0BFC32147F.jpg

695DC915-A423-4F9B-B0FB-84112D134F5F.jpg

9840D6FA-3CB6-4350-988E-5358419AFCE9.jpg

B9BA88D3-E864-41DF-B4AF-A40B7AE1EE97.jpg

C80237CB-B765-4F27-A6E2-A6362FE554D4.jpg

Looks great. I can't wait to reach that stage. Only 70 more issues to go.

I've been going through some threads on the Studio Scale Modelers forums and realised that De Ago haven't added all the missing parts. The B-29 part from the port side mandible side wall being the most obvious. I may have to source a scrap 1/48 B-29 or scratch it.

portside b.jpg

Awesome I have been trying to track down those as well thanks!! It looks like the 2 hoses attach to a part on the side wall as well that ls missing from DeAgo as well any idea what that is?

So how's everyone going with theirs? I can't start mine until Feb because I'm about to move interstate but before I do I want to acquire the parts that have been identified as missing?

Hey Guys
I got my issue 40 today from newsagent it didn't come with new cockpit part. Didn't anyone in AUS get the new Cockpit part with it. I only got the clear glass parts

Junk Pilot , good on you mate if you're able to afford any/all after market parts , but that's not the point is it ? .
Aus , one of the last countries offered this product - check .
Given inaccurate parts at beginning ( whilst others in our region ) received corrected parts ( available at time !! ) - check .
Not offered options to purchase blocks of magazines ( like others in U.S. ) - check .
Delayed/missing issues for weeks/months on end ( but that's a worldwide phenomenon ) - check .
Now not even supplied parts that were promised and provided to subscribers every where else - check . Ged

- - - Updated - - -

Again not the point !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure most of the world got the incorrect parts in Issues 1 & 3. Yes updated parts made it into circulation but not worldwide

And what parts weren't supplied that were promised? Do you mean the V2 cockpit cone that's actually worse than the first version? I don't recall reading anything about it being PROMISED though.

As for bulk purchases the US has a greater customer base that could be close to a million subscribers. It makes better economical sense for a business to send items out in bulk than individually. Yes it means they may get the full set sooner but that means they have to fork out more money for the issues sooner than if they were getting them weekly.

@Junk Pilot , good on you mate if you're able to afford any/all after market parts , but that's not the point is it ? .
Aus , one of the last countries offered this product - check .
Given inaccurate parts at beginning ( whilst others in our region ) received corrected parts ( available at time !! ) - check .
Not offered options to purchase blocks of magazines ( like others in U.S. ) - check .
Delayed/missing issues for weeks/months on end ( but that's a worldwide phenomenon ) - check .
Now not even supplied parts that were promised and provided to subscribers every where else - check . Ged

- - - Updated - - -

Again not the point !!!

Incorrect parts in # 1&3 , probably right , but by the time we were offered this approx. 1 1/2 yrs later , we still didn't get the corrected ones ala France , Japan etc . Version 2 cockpit , deagostini stated that due to feedback they'd received , a new cockpit would be issued with # 40 ( way back when ) . Why are we not offered it here now ? - I'm personally not too fussed , having modded and scratched the original myself already . Re; parts not supplied , I've been re/reading posts from other forums as well . Deagostini and Steve D. , claimed to have produced the most accurate model of the MF to date , but parts on the Hull that are found on the original screen model and then some on his MR , are still missing on this kit , You've more knowledge of this than I , so I'm just wondering why with so much money and time invested in this , we're not getting what was advertised . P.s. Don't get us started on the ' promised 'landing bay doors ( open ) that they were going to supply awhile back , but , reneged on just recently .

You are right that it was billed as the most accurate model of the MF ever produced and we now know that is not true. I'm miffed about the missing parts but I'm happy to have a full sized model of it because I know I could never afford the MR Falcon.

Totally agree ....Don't get me wrong , I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to participate in this build , at this time in my life ( single father of f two children/young adults now , who don't rely on me financially or time wise so much these days ! Lol !!!) . Maybe I should stop reading so many posts ( on so many forums/sites ) , some do say ' ignorance is bliss ' ! . Just wish I didn't feel as though we here in Oz were being taken advantage of re; this latest omission of parts . Perhaps Deagostini believes we over here are : a) so skilled as model builders we can fix all their shortcomings easily. b) so wealthy , we just replace parts we don't like . c) we wouldn't /didn't care less how we're treated . Don't know about anyone else in our situation , but I don't/won't and can't subscribe to any of th above .

If you go back to post 80 I show the 2 cockpits and that neither of them are any good. Then further on I show how I modified them to be very accurate to the original.
Here is some picks after the work

IMAG0147_zpsgm0vmfip.jpg

IMAG0178_zpsvspwqiof.jpg

I think it's pretty slack
Once they made the part for U.S it's already made, the kit costs around $2000 not $200
Very poor form , not much respect given to AUS builders, doesn't make me want to build another kit from them.
Shame when you make something good but the service rollout sucks, its how some companies go broke

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back