EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

GINO

Sr Member
EFX would like to announce the latest offering in our Star Wars line of replica helmets.
The Darth Vader ANH precision cast replica helmet (special and standard editions).

These new helmets were derived from castings made from the Rick Baker mold which was taken directly off the screen-used ANH helmet.
Those castings were 3-d scanned and from there injection mold tooling was made.
They will be available in two different editions, the SPECIAL EDITON which has the brush painted gunmetal details as per the screen-used helmet, and also the STANDARD EDITION which will have spray painted gunmetal areas for a more idealized look.

They also feature accurate metal mouth/chin grills and machined aluminum tusks.
They are incredibly durable but super lightweight compared to a fiberglass helmet.

On a personal note, this product totally exceeded my expectations for an injected molded item.
Never before on any injection molded product have I ever seen this high of a level of accuracy retained regarding the nuances of the wonky geometry of the original item.
From several feet away, I could hardly tell the difference between these PCR versions and their fiberglass counterparts!

They should be ready to ship April/May 2016.
Availability on these items will be super quick compared to our fiberglass limited items simply because injection molded items are able to move through production lightning fast.

Here are some pics of each edition:

DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMET - SPECIAL EDITION - $329

ANH_VADER_XPCR_1.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_2.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_3.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_4.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_5.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_6.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_7.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_8.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_9.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_10.jpg

ANH_VADER_XPCR_11.jpg

DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMET - STANDARD EDITION - $299

ANH_VADER_PCR_1.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_2.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_3.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_4.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_5.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_6.jpg

ANH_VADER_PCR_7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to get one of these. I'm Standard Edition all the way! Idealized is right up my alley.

Looks great.
I think this helmet is a good idea, as much as i am interested in pure accuracy, i also like nice display items. This seems to be both accurate and great for display. Something to mount on the wall above the TV sort of thing.

Keith.

I think I'll be adding the Special Edition to my collection. I was bummed when I missed the Legend - literally by like 10 minutes. However, I do love my Limited.
I wish you guys could get your hands on the molds to the ones that made the Vaders for ESB or ROTJ. I'd call out from work for the week of ordering in order to get those Legends!
Thanks for the heads up.
Aaaaaaaaaannnnndd, I'm hoping there's good progress, in the new factory, for the Biker Scout helmets.

I have the limited edition already, how are these different? Just in the materials that they are made from?

Looks fantastic! Are these production photos?

I actually prefer the idealized paint job. Thanks for making the ANH version of Vader -- the most iconic version if you ask me.

Pictures of prototype or production piece???

How confident are you/ is eFx about the april/ may release date?

thx for taking the time to answer.

Both shots were of a factory sample. The special edition was painted by me but the standard was painted by the factory.
I felt like the factory did a great job on the fiberglass legend version so I expect the paint job to be about the same for the special edition.

I'm pretty confident about the april/may release date, only because I know everything is pretty much ready to go now and injection molded items move through the factory super fast.

I would expect a preorder to happen very soon from now.

I didn't take pics of the face mask without the dome, but I can tell you that the face mask has a ring on top with a corresponding ring inside the dome, with a magnet hidden in the widow's peak just like we did with the fiberglass helmets.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back