EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Craigjohn = Arrogant, haughty and full of bad humor = the best qualities for a new member here LOL :lol

Not arrogant. Sick of people telling I don't get it. I've sold my used camera gear to people outside of the US, and the gear gets held up in Customs until the buyer pays their import tax, and it's a tax based on Custom's perceived value of the camera, not the actual price I sold the camera for. So yes. I know the cost of shipping goods overseas. The shipping and cost of customs fees never doubled the cost the item I sold. YMMV.

Even Canada has high customs fees for goods shipped from the US.

Regardless, the price of the Efx Helmet is the least expensive incredibly accurate Vader Helmet you can buy - even with the customs tax. That has been my entire point.

The Brian Muir Helmet and Mask is 900 Pounds.

Ainsworth's Dark Lord helmet is 500 Pounds.

You'll have to ask Bookface what he charges UK residents for his Quasimodo 2 ANH helmet. It may or may not be different than what he charges US residents - it's solely up to him. The US has very little if any import tax.

The EFX Injection molded helmet is $300 USD (210 Pounds) - ordered directly through EFX's website. If the price doubles because customs and shipping, it's still 420 Pounds.

Bells0 wrote:
Looks like Forbidden Planet in the UK has these, but as usual, the price is a joke at approx the same $ rate to £ rate?

- - - Updated - - -

https://forbiddenplanet.com/174556-s...er-episode-iv/

£319.99! Is still 180 pounds less expensive than Ainsworth's, and forbidden planet is likely being charged an import fee. And this is being called a joke.

I also know UK residents pay more for their Apple products than the US, and they have Apple retailers in the UK. Blame your country, not the company.

I cancelled my $250 USD price for an Anovos Stormtrooper helmet and paid $450 USD for an RS Stormtrooper helmet. For a variety of reasons, the RS is the one I wanted, so I paid more for it. It was entirely worth it to me.

If the EFX Vader Helmet is worth it to you, get it.

Last edited:
Nope, you still fail to see.....i just want the same deal the USA gets....that doesn't involve efx slashing prices, i think $299.00 is an excellent price. Having to pay double that just because i'm overseas seems unfair. THAT's my point.

Your attitude is questionable by the way.

Rich

Efx is headquartered in Los Angeles. You're on the other side of the Atlantic. To get the same 'deal as the US', would involve EFX to slash their prices to make up for your country's additional import fees (Customs, VAT, however they do it England, I'm calling them import fees), as those extra (import) fees have absolutely zero to do with Efx.

Yeah, you truly know how to make friends on this board. Let's be clear on this: you don't have to explain to us what we know is true. Remember we live in EU and we (at least I) pay all these taxes. And yes we have discussed about international shipping long before you were on RPF, check out older threads. Still even with these taxes I got a collection I'm quite proud of.

Anyway a nice example - EFX Legend Vader shipping quote - read carefully:

eFX FedEx Vader Legend shipping quote.jpg

So sorry, but we don't need lessons about things we knew already. Before you start criticizing again, walk a mile our shoes...

Yeah, you truly know how to make friends on this board. Let's be clear on this: you don't have to explain to us what we know is true. Remember we live in EU and we (at least I) pay all these taxes. And yes we have discussed about international shipping long before you were on RPF, check out older threads. Still even with these taxes I got a collection I'm quite proud of.

View attachment 604582

So sorry, but we don't need lessons about things we knew already. Before you start criticizing again, walk a mile our shoes...

Nice post, yeah, i remember the shipping debacle on those Vader helmets! Think i might just save up and buy a Quasimodo v2......

Rich

There is a easy solution. I for my part try to avoid any support of the US economy by avoiding to buy US as much as i can.

And as there is a product i want and can only get it from the US, i simply calculate my estimated end-price - and then i decide if it is worth. Often it comes down to "keep your stuff". If they don´t have e german/EU distributor that offers the product to a comparable price, i usually don´t want it anymore. I´m not willing to pay more if i don´t get more.

Gents...Ladies......
Let's not argue, let's not call eachother names....
Can't we all just get along and celebrate the fact that we are living in a wonderful time, when we can get all these excellent collectibles, and even choose between different manufacturers and styles! :)
I do agree with all that complain about fees, import or shipping... Have a friend in EU who pays ALOT more than I do for same items from same source. It's totally legit to voice your likes,dislikes, frustrations, etc on a message board - That's why we are a 'community' here :)
{{{{{{{ Hugs to all! }}}}}}}}

View attachment 604582

Cheers!

Looks freakin' awesome!

I'm still on the fence about canceling my Anovos, though. ANH is my favorite design -- but I don't have any fiberglass in my collection. Decisions, decisions...

the seams are hardly noticeable. I had to be shown by Gino where they were and if it wasn't for him showing me or me REALLY trying to find them I would have not noticed.

One seem is covered by the strip down the center of the dome (dome is split in the middle)

Last edited:
Can I ask those who are getting this free from eFX for the wait on the scout, are we going to get import duties? It's just if it's free then technically it has no declaration value... Correct? I just hope we don't get a large tax bill from customs on a free item given to us.... If you have to declare a value can it be something low ball like $20?

cheers!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back