EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

^^^ Sure. Order one when they become available. Affordability depends on what one is willing to spend. Starting at $300 USD makes these far more affordable than any other accurate replica option out there. If you're looking for a $100 USD (or less) option, then you're not interested in accuracy, as there are boat loads of masks available in that price range - starting with this one. :)

http://www.target.com/p/star-wars-s...gclid=CLCZvfr8vcsCFQ-oaQodv40Ifg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think you kinda missed his point. I'm quite sure Clancampbell asked if there are UK distributors for this helmet, not that he doesn't like the PCR. Since you seem to be in US, you might not be aware of the extra costs international customers have to pay to get various collectibles...

^^^ Sure. Order one when they become available. Affordability depends on what one is willing to spend. Starting at $300 USD makes these far more affordable than any other accurate replica option out there. If you're looking for a $100 USD (or less) option, then you're not interested in accuracy, as there are boat loads of masks available in that price range - starting with this one. :)

http://www.target.com/p/star-wars-s...gclid=CLCZvfr8vcsCFQ-oaQodv40Ifg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yeah, I don't think you understood what he was asking.

I understood exactly what he was saying. The Helmet is $300 USD. It's the least expensive accurate ANH Replica available. Shipping and Customs tax included.

Again. Affordability is relative. Someone living in Chicago may not think $300 USD is affordable. Someone in Red Wing, MN may not think $100 is affordable for that Target helmet. Someone living in Sussex, UK might think $800 is entirely affordable.

If you want the helmet, just go into it knowing you're going to eat a Customs Tax. If you don't get taxed, consider it a bonus.

Last edited:
Sigh.. craigjohn ..no, you don't get it. My point, as many others realise, is that it's a wee bit unfair having to order from the USA, pay extortionate shipping costs then get stung for duty too....hence my question about the helmet possibly being a bit more affordable for us overseas guys.

I've been on the RPF a long time and am fully cognizant with the premium costs in this hobby. Hell, i was one of the dudes who ordered a Don Post deLuxe Vader helmet, way back in the day.........from America, (Universal Armorer of all places! ) and paid import duty...grand total? Jeez, about £1000.00......It would just be nice if there was a UK distributor who wasn't out to scalp the fans......

Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Forbidden Planet in the UK has these, but as usual, the price is a joke at approx the same $ rate to £ rate?

- - - Updated - - -

https://forbiddenplanet.com/174556-star-wars-precision-cast-replica-helmet-darth-vader-episode-iv/

£319.99!

Did you see what they're charging for the Anovos Kylo Ren????? £809.99!!!!! That's $1,267.24!!!!!!

See what i mean about things being a little unfair?

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
As a fellow European I totally get Rich's point. Here (Finland) it used to be easier as everything went to our local customs office and you handled it in person, so more often than not I was able to pay nothing or close to nothing. When I got my Parks Graflex about 10 or 12 years ago, the customs guy was a huge SW fan and just let me walk out, paying nothing. These days we have to declare everything online, without ever seeing the paperwork or the box. So we pay 24% tax on the item AND shipping and then we pay duty on top of that. Amount of duty changes, but its about 30 % we need to add to the costs. And if something is shipped FedEx or DHL or the like, they charge a hefty amount for handling the customs paperwork so with some items it may be close 50% extra. So it would be nice to have a European supplier with somewhat sane pricing.

And of course I will get one, no matter what :)

Sigh.. craigjohn ..no, you don't get it. My point, as many others realise, is that it's a wee bit unfair having to order from the USA, pay extortionate shipping costs then get stung for duty too....hence my question about the helmet possibly being a bit more affordable for us overseas guys.

I've been on the RPF a long time and am fully cognizant with the premium costs in this hobby. Hell, i was one of the dudes who ordered a Don Post deLuxe Vader helmet, way back in the day.........from America, (Universal Armorer of all places! ) and paid import duty...grand total? Jeez, about £1000.00......It would just be nice if there was a UK distributor who wasn't out to scalp the fans......

Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see what they're charging for the Anovos Kylo Ren????? £809.99!!!!! That's $1,267.24!!!!!!

See what i mean about things being a little unfair?

Rich

Rich. Yes. I get it. You want Efx to slash their pricing so they lose profit, so you can make up for total fee when you have to pay an import duty and shipping fee? :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely off subject, but from this thread & quite a few others got me thinking - do all European countries have hardcore rules when it comes to customs? Do they open the mail to see whats in it?

I've received orders from all over the world (shipped to the U.S.) and have never once had to pay a customs charge for anything Ive received. .

Completely off subject, but from this thread & quite a few others got me thinking - do all European countries have hardcore rules when it comes to customs? Do they open the mail to see whats in it?

I've received orders from all over the world (shipped to the U.S.) and have never once had to pay a customs charge for anything Ive received. .

In EU we have customs and everything that goes in and out of EU needs to be checked there and then we pay the taxes. Some people cannot understand how hard collecting might be elsewhere, especially outside US.

Rich. Yes. I get it. You want Efx to slash their pricing so they lose profit, so you can make up for total fee when you have to pay an import duty and shipping fee? :lol

Craigjohn = Arrogant, haughty and full of bad humor = the best qualities for a new member here LOL :lol

Nope, you still fail to see.....i just want the same deal the USA gets....that doesn't involve efx slashing prices, i think $299.00 is an excellent price. Having to pay double that just because i'm overseas seems unfair. THAT's my point.

Your attitude is questionable by the way.

Rich

Do the import, VAT, etc charges apply to all items imported from outside the EU? Does it make a difference if there is an EU distributor of the product? The taxes/fees may be intended to encourage buying EU products.

The US has taxes too, but not on items imported. We may have other taxes that the EU doesn't. Depending on where you live and work in the US, you may have taxes that other places in the US do not. However, if an area doesn't have a certain tax, they probably make up for it by having higher rates on other taxes.

Taxes are the greatest method possible, that mankind has ever devised, to waist ​money. The government, forcibly, takes money from its citizens, & throws that money down rat holes, by blowing it on s*#t no one (who earned it) wanted in the first place.
My heart goes out to all of you good people across the pond, who are being hosed by all your governments & their onerous taxes. You are the true die hard collectors. Don't worry though, with the way our elected idiots are going - against our will - we'll be in that same boat over here soon.

People complaining often don´t know what they are complaining about. :D

Most/biggest part of the additional paid money ist just the VAT. It´s automaticly paid on each item you buy, online or at the local shop - on foreign buys it´s just much more noticeably, more visible. Customs fee percentage depends on each product description, but that´s mostly only between 2 and under 10 percent.

VAT is indeed the biggest issue. The funny thing is sometimes the customs can let you go without the customs fee, but you still have to pay VAT. In my country VAT is 24%.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back