Master Member
Anyone watching the new season?

@Guri
@Bryancd
@Laspector
@Art Andrews
@R.P. McMurphy

What do y'all think?

For me, it's okay. But a lot of seasons start out slow and get better. I will say I was mighty bummed that Jenny got booted in Week 2. I really dug her. Sure, a lot of it was because she was hot, I'll admit, but I also thought she'd be a good player. And dang, I felt so bad for her with that worm burrowing deep inside her ear canal. Crikey!

However, she turned out to be an unbelievable fool. Why the FRACK did she open up her mouth in TC?!?! She was sitting pretty, and could've stayed loyal or blindsided a power player. Oh my God, I was screaming at the TV, "No, NO, NOOOOO! DON'T SAY THAT! SHUT UUUUUUP!". Loose lips sink ships. And she sunk her own. (Is it sunk or sank??)

As for the latest episode, I was very happy to see that arrogant brain chick get blindsided! She was a total biatch! And the look on Obama's face as the votes were read, oh man, that was awesome!! :lol

I don't really have a favorite to replace Jenny yet. But I will say this: that crazy, skinny older lady is crafty. And she knows how to keep her mouth shut. She might go far with her strategic/social skills, and non-threatening appearance. Jenny could've used some of her wisdom, that's for sure.

The Wook

Last edited:
Yeah, we're watching. I like the diversity of the characters and don't really have a favorite yet.

That worm was the absolute worst thing I have seen on survivor - it FREAKED ME OUT! I was sort of angry that medical did not take care of it right away. The only think I can think was that it was played up for the camera and they knew exactly what it was and she was in no real danger. Otherwise it makes no sense to let someone stay in that much pain with a bug burrowing into their ear.

Is it just me, or does it seem there is someone out of place in each tribe?. It's like the producers decided to take a beauty, stick them into the brawn tribe (blondie), a brain in the beauty tribe etc.

As regards Jenny, it's not the first time we've seen that **** go down. Always happens, someone who should have stayed quiet, spoke up craving attention, look at me, look at the position I'm in... then being caught out in a lie. That only goes one way, gtfo.

Man I so wish Survivor took applications from non-us citizens :(. I need to find an american wife I think!.

I'm watching. So far, so good for me. It is incredible, isn't it, how people seem to be walking into trouble at tribal more frequently now. I do think that Jeff has stirred the pot more and more each season at tribal and has helped instigate some of these moments. A lot of arrogance on the Brain tribe. Curious to see how that vote plays out in the opening moments of Wednesday's show.

I couldn't understand the ear worm deal either. Why wasn't medical called in? They have brought them in many times before to assess someone. Doesn't mean you are going to be pulled from the game just because they are brought in. I know what I would've done if I was her (and medical was not brought in) I would have had people filling their mouth with salt water and squirting it in my ear as hard as they could, and try to flush that thing out.

I can't stand ol' witchy woman--whatever her name is. Her bragging and cheerleading made me want to smack her in the face!!

I'm glad Obama and that girl got blind sided--don't like either of them. Also don't like holes-in-the-ears dude. what an ass!

I do agree that the teams seen strange. Why is Tia on the Beauty team? Why is blonde chick on the Brawn team. Neither make much sense.

I think the ear worm thing was mostly an editing construct and she likely didn't suffer nearly as long as it seemed in the presentation in the show and they knew she was going to be fine.

I think the ear worm thing was mostly an editing construct and she likely didn't suffer nearly as long as it seemed in the presentation in the show and they knew she was going to be fine.

I doubt that, based on Jenny saying to her tribemates that the worm burrowing inside her ear kept her up all night long.

The Wook

That is my feeling as well. Although it sure looked uncomfortable, I think medical was on their way immediately once called for. She tried toughing it out, and then had enough.

I notice they have started the tribal council earlier in the show to give us more drama. I have heard that the councils can last up to a couple of hours, I don't think Jeff is doing more antagonizing, I think we are just seeing more footage.

That last episode was pretty wild!! Three players collapsing at the same challenge due to the heat! I wonder exactly how hot it is there?

That last episode was pretty wild!! Three players collapsing at the same challenge due to the heat! I wonder exactly how hot it is there?

That was insane! Caleb looked like he was gonna frackin' die!! Go into cardiac arrest, or somethin'! I know the producers milk these injuries with the way they edit them, but still, it was pretty freaky to watch them fall like dominoes!

I've watched every episode since the start of Season 2, and I've never seen anything like THAT before!

As for TC, I feel bad for blondie. Scot and the military guy were total douchebags to her. Poor girl. And with Caleb's evac, she didn't even get to say her parting words at the end of the episode while the votes were being revealed. I suppose there was nothing left to say.

Very cute girl. And a lot of moxie. I'm bummed she's gone.

The Wook

It became abundantly clear while watching that episode that I'm never going to audition for Survivor. I know a lot of people feel the need to challenge themselves and push it to the limit, but F that...I'm cool with watching it on TV. :lol

Good riddance to Obama. That guy was as shifty as they come. And I'm glad Joe made him squirm. Obama's shifty, but also a terrible liar when confronted point blank. His series of non-answers and shifty eye movement was the classic stuff of liars! lol You're not gonna fool an old FBI agent, like Joe, with that bullschit.

The Wook

Dang. There's no flushing out a Super-Idol.

Not upset to see Debbie go, 'cuz she kinda bugs. But I hope Scott goes next, and then Jason. Those guys are tools. Especially Scott.

The Wook

Yeah, I can't see how they are not watching it now as the weeks go on, thinking, "Wow... we were total c***ts".... The two of them are definitely in the mix if they ever do a "Villains v. Villains v. Villains". That I'd love to see.... get Russell back on, and Johnny fair play!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back