MR Enterprise STAND or BASE?! Replacement or can build a new one?!

JDV5

Help please -- I have a fully functional MR Enterprise Studio LE, but the rod/support arm that anchors/yolks the model (to the top of the insignia base, encasing the wires) snapped off at the base. Anyone know of anyone that might have one or know of someone who can make a replacement?

Any suggestions?

Thanks and best, Jeff

Last edited:
A picture of the damage would help determine if it can be fixed or if it needs new construction. But broken at the base I would think requires drilling out the existing rod and replacing it... just as a guess.

Jedi Dade

Dear Jeff,
I feel your pain.
My M.R. Enterprise connection broke after spinning the ship around only a few times. I found out why. It was just an audio jack connected to the female end with a little drop of hot glue holding it together!

If it's only the rod that is the issue then you can pick up a hollow steel rod at any Rona or Home Depot.
The wiring is a simple 2 wire power set up going into a quarter inch audio jack.

My experience however was more difficult.
I did some research and found pictures of the prototype and was able to remove the housing for the deflector dish very easily.
(click the pics to embiggen)

mymodel6.jpg

The bottom of the housing has a small lip to hook into the bottom slat of the secondary hull to hold it in position.
new 010.jpg

mymodel4.jpg

The sides and bottom slats are separate from the housing.
new 007.jpg

MYMODEL8.jpg

Originally I had it on a long mic stand
new 055.jpg

Then simply mounted it on a table top mic stand.
20160408_140541.jpg

I hard wired the connection and ran it down a simple mic stand, which is infinitely better as the M.R stand takes up an entire table. Now that it is strongly hard wired I will never have to worry again about it coming loose.Then I simply re-attached the housing and the dish.

I also bought a remote from Radio Shack that will turn on anything that is plugged into it, so I can activate it from across the room.

Incidentally, while I was fixing it I was able to run the ship on a 9volt battery and I am toying with the idea of putting a small removable compartment on one of those squares underneath the secondary hull to make the ship completely portable.
(Clearly I have no intention of ever selling it so there is no pressure to keep it exactly how it was)
It still looks great! (used it to make this effects shot)

[video=vimeo;10517641]https://vimeo.com/10517641[/video]

Hope this helped you.
:)Spockboy

Attachments

• mr-1701-15.JPG
    mr-1701-15.JPG
    553.5 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Dear Jeff,
I feel your pain.
My M.R. Enterprise connection broke after spinning the ship around only a few times. I found out why. It was just an audio jack connected to the female end with a little drop of hot glue holding it together!

If it's only the rod that is the issue then you can pick up a hollow steel rod at any Rona or Home Depot.
The wiring is a simple 2 wire power set up going into a quarter inch audio jack.

My experience however was more difficult.
I did some research and found pictures of the prototype and was able to remove the housing for the deflector dish very easily.
(click the pics to embiggen)

View attachment 612617

The bottom of the housing has a small lip to hook into the bottom slat of the secondary hull to hold it in position.
View attachment 612631

View attachment 612615

The sides and bottom slats are separate from the housing.
View attachment 612632

View attachment 612616

Originally I had it on a long mic stand
View attachment 612633

Then simply mounted it on a table top mic stand.
View attachment 612627

I hard wired the connection and ran it down a simple mic stand, which is infinitely better as the M.R stand takes up an entire table. Now that it is strongly hard wired I will never have to worry again about it coming loose.Then I simply re-attached the housing and the dish.

I also bought a remote from Radio Shack that will turn on anything that is plugged into it, so I can activate it from across the room.

Incidentally, while I was fixing it I was able to run the ship on a 9volt battery and I am toying with the idea of putting a small removable compartment on one of those squares underneath the secondary hull to make the ship completely portable.
(Clearly I have no intention of ever selling it so there is no pressure to keep it exactly how it was)
It still looks great! (used it to make this effects shot)

https://vimeo.com/10517641

Hope this helped you.
:)Spockboy

Wow -- this is wonderful! Thanks so much, I never saw this reply until just now!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so sorry I never saw this until just now!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back