The show your custom BLASTER thread!

Holy crap!

Binatone wasn't even on my radar. I guess it was a UK thing? That blaster is great looking. Straight stock it's pretty much already looking like a SW OT blaster. It's not far off from a Jabba's Guard blaster, or even the McQuarrie cantina concept art bad-guy pistol.

Even the game box itself looks OTish with it's big buttons and toggles.

I just got one, dirt cheap, off ebay. Thanks for the awareness!

It's not far off from a Jabba's Guard blaster

It´s totally different.

Palaceguard007.jpg

I'm surprised no one has done a Sten based blaster since a lot of Ralph Mcquarrie's concept drawings look like the characters have a Sten type blaster.

Tim A. (D48thRonin) did it in the late 1990's to go along with his McQuarrie Style Fett costume.

It looks great and it's on his Picturetrail website.

Thanks Scott :)

It's been nearly 20 years ago, now, and my knowledge & skillset were in their infancy, but here it is...

6137535.jpg

Not much to it, but less is more, right? All I did was cut the barrel down so it was flush with the shroud, and shortened the magazine. I picked up a couple inexpensive rifle scopes at a local gunshow and IIRC I simply used some hardwood blocks that I epoxied to the receiver to mount them. I also gave it a new coat of black paint and did some subtle weathering. I don't think I would do anything differently, other than better materials/better craftsmanship.

Thanks Scott :)

It's been nearly 20 years ago, now, and my knowledge & skillset were in their infancy, but here it is...

View attachment 600396

Not much to it, but less is more, right? All I did was cut the barrel down so it was flush with the shroud, and shortened the magazine. I picked up a couple inexpensive rifle scopes at a local gunshow and IIRC I simply used some hardwood blocks that I epoxied to the receiver to mount them. I also gave it a new coat of black paint and did some subtle weathering. I don't think I would do anything differently, other than better materials/better craftsmanship.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I've been thinking about doing it for a while, but never found a Sten that was cheap enough.

I made a couple recently... Both hideously ugly :D

This one used a toy blaster as a base, cost about £15 total:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...8-F1FE-4491-B9CA-0D8CABF0EBDE_zpsbbobxboe.jpg

And this one - Complete scratch-build. Only thing I bought was the pipe for the vented barrel. Everything else I had in the garage. Cost about £3, but truly awful :facepalm

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...6-CB8A-4E08-8D89-0AB28F921A34_zpspc9cacvv.jpg

Here's one that I made somewhere between 2002 to 2004.

If you remember Gavidoc, you might remember his custom "DL54" blaster pistol. I made one, too, but I went a little further than he did and kinda OG'd it. (Over-Greeblied)

He said mine was the "DL-54A."

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums...ection/IMG_20160306_134513685_zpslq1eebn5.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums...ection/IMG_20160306_134555877_zpssazosqi3.jpg

VERY cool!

I love how the mount frame is(well looks), symmetrical with the gun frame over the trigger. Love the plain grips too for contrast.

That's on an MGC too right?

It's a Denix. The logo was removed and wood grips that used to be available in the Sportman's Guide catalogs were fitted to it. It's painted Krylon flat black and it's chipped a lot over the years.

After looking at Jax's recent refinishing work on his DL-44's, it makes me want to take all of my past blaster projects back apart and do them the same way. :cool

Okay-- I'll be diving into this soon. Even though I have a least a dozen custom lightsabers to go, and 7-8 more nerf guns to paint, I've started to gather parts for some blasters.

I'm going to do a blaster rifle using some surplus saber parts and a hacked down Nerf gun base.
I just snagged up a Binatone lightpistol to work a blaster from.
And maybe after that I'll feel confident to get a Denix to do some sort of DL varient.

This forum has found me a form of therapy that's a little cheaper than a real therapist!

Hi guys, new member here and this looks like a good place for my first post. Im an old guy with some building skills just not in making props. Between you guys and TDH i got inspired to work on decorating my place with some cool Star wars stuff. After some small repaint and mod jobs I got this idea for a shoulder mounted blaster cannon. The original plan was pretty simple but kinda morphed into a very long build. My friends and coworkers couldnt understand why someone would put so much effort into something that just hangs on the wall and looks cool. So midway in the build i made a custom air cannon that fits inside the main tube, Ive clocked a ping pong ball at 440 mph and if its filled with water it travels 400+ feet.I tried to use Star Wars inspired design elements along the way but i couldnt bring myself to paint it all black. I also havnt mastered any weathering or battle damage skills. This monster ended up 5 feet long and weighs 20 lbs. So im here to let you guys critique my first custom scratch build, please let me know what you think and thanks again for the inspiration i have lots more pics if you want more details.And I also made the table top its sitting on

_DSC1017.JPG. _DSC1012.JPG_DSC1015.JPG_DSC1018.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back