The show your custom BLASTER thread!

My self-made DL-44 blaster. It's a bit of a mash up of all the DL-44 types out there.
dl-44.jpg

I made a couple recently... Both hideously ugly :D

This one used a toy blaster as a base, cost about £15 total:
D1F8E138-F1FE-4491-B9CA-0D8CABF0EBDE_zpsbbobxboe.jpg

And this one - Complete scratch-build. Only thing I bought was the pipe for the vented barrel. Everything else I had in the garage. Cost about £3, but truly awful :facepalm

1CBC41B6-CB8A-4E08-8D89-0AB28F921A34_zpspc9cacvv.jpg

Here's a Dollar Store blaster I made from scratch. I really need to start taking before pictures before I add greeblies. But here you go. Metal model car parts from Hobby Lobby are my go-to's. That and washers, and using light sockets as flash hiders.
View attachment 599992View attachment 599993
View attachment 599994View attachment 599995
View attachment 599996View attachment 599998

I got the same pinewood weights to use as grips on a custom lightsaber.

Not a lot of custom work on my part. However about 10 years ago I wanted to try my hand at a Mara Jade holdout blaster. I used a hunk of metal I had machined and cutoff for another blaster project (not sure if I have pictures of that one), squirt gun, a piece of wooden dowel rod, aerator from an old faucet, allen bolts, washers, piece of styrene plastic, glue and paint.

This is the result...

holdoutblaster.JPG

Nice-- can you say what the ingredients are?
Belgian-made 7.92mm Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) Model 30. There was also a Polish version but the grip is shaped slightly differently. Manufactured from the 1920s through at least WWII.

Barrel/hider is from a shotgun, WookieGunner IDed it but I don't have the info. (Found mine unlabeled in a box of junk.)

Attachments

• RKM_Browning_wz._1928,_Muzeum_Or?a_Bia?ego.jpg
    RKM_Browning_wz._1928,_Muzeum_Or?a_Bia?ego.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 545
This is still my favorite custom. It inspired at least two RPF members to make their own, which honors me greatly.

The Vader rod later broke off, and I like it better without it.

I remember that one! That really looks like a SW blaster.

I'm surprised no one has done a Sten based blaster since a lot of Ralph Mcquarrie's concept drawings look like the characters have a Sten type blaster.

I remember that one! That really looks like a SW blaster.

I'm surprised no one has done a Sten based blaster since a lot of Ralph Mcquarrie's concept drawings look like the characters have a Sten type blaster.

Tim A. (D48thRonin) did it in the late 1990's to go along with his McQuarrie Style Fett costume.

It looks great and it's on his Picturetrail website.

And this one - Complete scratch-build. Only thing I bought was the pipe for the vented barrel. Everything else I had in the garage. Cost about £3, but truly awful :facepalm

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...6-CB8A-4E08-8D89-0AB28F921A34_zpspc9cacvv.jpg

I can appreciate this one because it'll easily pass the "5 foot rule" that an old friend taught me about. He actually does prop work for some of the GA based film/TV productions now.

"If it looks good from 5 feet away, it'll look great" he used to say. :thumbsup

I can appreciate this one because it'll easily pass the "5 foot rule" that an old friend taught me about. He actually does prop work for some of the GA based film/TV productions now.

"If it looks good from 5 feet away, it'll look great" he used to say. :thumbsup
I should have stood back a bit with the camera :D

Aah, it was enjoyable enough to make. Has a steel inner barrel and lots of wooden bits, so fairly hefty.

I made a couple recently... Both hideously ugly :D

This one used a toy blaster as a base, cost about £15 total:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...8-F1FE-4491-B9CA-0D8CABF0EBDE_zpsbbobxboe.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...6-CB8A-4E08-8D89-0AB28F921A34_zpspc9cacvv.jpg

It's just the equivalent of the Norinco E-11 haha. But seriously, could easily be a subcontracted out version of the E-11 once regular procurement measures had been exhausted while bringing more systems to heel.

Here's a Dollar Store blaster I made from scratch. I really need to start taking before pictures before I add greeblies. But here you go. Metal model car parts from Hobby Lobby are my go-to's. That and washers, and using light sockets as flash hiders.
View attachment 599992View attachment 599993
View attachment 599994View attachment 599995
View attachment 599996View attachment 599998

That looks way better than the Glock inspired pistol that WAS in TFA!

I have a DL-44 custom I've been tossing around in my head for a while(and most of the parts already)...I don't want to use a denix for it so I may pick up a springer airsoft to do it

20160229_132839.jpg20160229_132900.jpg20160212_152840.jpg20160212_152850.jpg

Here's two blasters I built and sold recently. One was built on an old Binatone TV lightgun whilst the other was a spare resin mauser. I'd had all the parts and greeblies knocking about in the box for ages and just decided it was time to either ditch them or use them...I'm loathe to throw ANY greeblies away.. (I've had some sitting in boxes for over 16 years!) Both builds were done pretty quickly over a weekend.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back