TrickOrTreatStudios Gizmo 1:1 Puppet

Well I guess this shows you how they run their customer service...
Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 10.44.50 PM.png

PayPal settled the claim in my favor and refunded the transaction. Not a peep from Trick Or Treat studios throughout the claim at all.
I will certainly never make the mistake of giving them another penny. Chris Zepho has shown his true colors and I honest to god hope you folks will take it into consideration before ever supporting that company.

PayPal settled the claim in my favor and refunded the transaction. Not a peep from Trick Or Treat studios throughout the claim at all.
I will certainly never make the mistake of giving them another penny. Chris Zepho has shown his true colors and I honest to god hope you folks will take it into consideration before ever supporting that company.

Glad to hear! So you get to keep this piece of crap?

I'm gonna call PayPal to see what they can do.

20161017_235810.jpg20161017_235902.jpgHere's some pics of my munted giz I got from big bad toy store. Funnily enough when I emailed them about getting a refund they said I could keep it and receive a $20 store credit or i could just destroy it and send them a picture and they would give me a full refund haha
That actually works out great because i can rip off all his fur to use on the other one I have been re working and still get my money back for this piece of garbage. TOTS really dropped the ball with this one which really makes the future look grim for more decent quality yet affordable gremlins....

Glad to hear you had luck with Paypal. I have to wait three more days, hoping I get a refund.

Glad to hear! So you get to keep this piece of crap?

I'm gonna call PayPal to see what they can do.

Sorry bud, missed your quote. No, actually my order wasn't shipped yet as I had a piece that was pushed back to "Oct-Nov." Didn't get anything, opened the claim, and got my money back.

I've been "removed" from the Trick or Treat studios Facebook Page, which tells me somebody is watching this thread seeing as this is the only place I've criticized them.. unless they blocked me just for getting a refund. :rolleyes

Looks like Chris is ignoring us....:rolleyes

I am sure he got email updates that he was called to the thread... and I am sure he is reading this thread. As long as he doesn't log in, he can still read this thread and it will not show that he has visited on his profile. He is the one that appears to be doing the bulk of the replies on their facebook page, so I am betting he is the one who banned Mr Mold Maker from the page.

I checked back into it today, and now the page shows up again. Not trying to stir the pot.. I just honestly don't know what's going on.
You're going to ignore all calls and emails about orders and refunds, but troll around message boards and see who's saying what? Pathetic Chris.

Maybe focus your time on making good with these people who have received inferior products?

Hopefully they do a better job of that Chucky Doll they're making.
But if it's anything like this Gizmo, we will probably be disappointed again.

Definitely looking like a piece to get:

View attachment 598945

Not to go off-topic... but I feel this is *important* info for people on this site to know...... with all these new licenses TOTS has, it means death to the independent maker, that used to sell off a few copies of their work to pay for their replica creation. Seems on the MM-net site, all the posts get deleted of when Chris Zephro issues a cease and desist threat over eBay. So, any prop fan that makes any of the items that TOTS has, be warned... don't sell them on public places. From what I've heard and seen... it makes Tom Sullivan's alleged reputation seem like nothing. The day TOTs announced they scored the game of thrones licence, Chris it seems was searching eBay to threaten these replica makers. Which is quite ironic...since TOTs started from a bunch of Indie replica mask makers.

They faced some backlash on FB, but the comments get deleted to keep it all hush hush.

Sorry for going off topic, but I know Gremlins has a large following here, so anyone making their own Gizmos, take heed.
Since you brought it up, we delete such threads since they get outta hand.
Us Mods there work for no company.

Hi Kaizu. Since you brought it here, do you think it is fair for Mr. Zephro to threaten certain replica makers with legal action from HBO.. because TOTS bought the licences to make the replicas. However.. they also own the Halloween licenses do they not? . With your incredible knowledge of the Michael Myers scene, indie mask makers, and being a mod at MM.net, has Mr. Zephro issued any cease and desists to any of the MM replica makers that post their stuff for sale? Isn't there a double standard in there somewhere?

Why is it okay for Mr. Zephro to threaten individual hobbyists with legal action,, and not the other? (Nag/NO are like full-time businesses to their owners)? I ask this question with all respect for you and your history in the MM scene. I'm just trying to understand it. I haven't seen any FB posts, forum threads etc (except for the ones that get deleted almost immediately) about NAG, NO etc being threatened by legal action. In the eyes of the law, everyone is equal. So why are the small indie makers being targeted and bullied , and not the ones that sell dozens of masks for over 200 dollars, and some at 2000 dollars a piece, for a piece of latex from a mould?

Last edited:
Hi Kaizu. Since you brought it here, do you think it is fair for Mr. Zephro to threaten certain replica makers with legal action from HBO.. because TOTS bought the licences to make the replicas. However.. they also own the Halloween licenses do they not? . With your incredible knowledge of the Michael Myers scene, indie mask makers, and being a mod at MM.net, has Mr. Zephro issued any cease and desists to any of the MM replica makers that post their stuff for sale? Isn't there a double standard in there somewhere?

Why is it okay for Mr. Zephro to threaten individual hobbyists with legal action,, and not the other? (Nag/NO are like full-time businesses to their owners)? I ask this question with all respect for you and your history in the MM scene. I'm just trying to understand it. I haven't seen any FB posts, forum threads etc (except for the ones that get deleted almost immediately) about NAG, NO etc being threatened by legal action. In the eyes of the law, everyone is equal. So why are the small indie makers being targeted and bullied , and not the ones that sell dozens of masks for over 200 dollars, and some at 2000 dollars a piece, for a piece of latex from a mould?

I seem to recall some of these BIG mask makers getting C&D letters as well. Companies like The Devil's Latex had their website taken down and they are still ignoring the threats and selling through facebook and instagram. They, as well as their fans, believe they are not doing anything wrong and continue to chug along making and selling.
Sure they seem to be getting away with things... for now. There may be a lot going on behind the scenes and sooner or later they could face big legal ramifications.

Moviefreak Wow man, I didn't know that this happened to the Devil's Latex either!. I took a break from social media for about 2 years and only recently back on it. Just checked out Steve's FB page… so this is the first I've heard of it. I really don't know what to say about the situation. I don't know whether to laugh at the greedy petty behaviour, or cry for the "little" people.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Moviefreak Wow man, I didn't know that this happened to the Devil's Latex either!. I took a break from social media for about 2 years and only recently back on it. Just checked out Steve's FB page… so this is the first I've heard of it. I really don't know what to say about the situation. I don't know whether to laugh at the greedy petty behaviour, or cry for the "little" people.

I don't for one minute, laugh at "the greedy petty behavior", nor would I call it that. For some reason collectors and small "little people" companies love to cry foul and play the victim when the C&D letter comes. Everyone is so anti-BIG-company producing products and flexing their muscle towards the independent makers. I work for one of the BIG companies who have to flex every once in a while. I think what people fail to see is the cost to become licensed. You do not give a portion of your sales to the property owner, but you shell out tens of thousands of dollars to get that license UPFRONT. That is spent before you can even buy material, produce the product and sell the item. You have a major investment, and when some small independent takes away from your chance to break even or start to see a profit margin, you sometimes have to say something. So you say something nicely in the form of a C&D letter, and they choose to basically give the finger and act like they have every right to do it, then things can get serious. Why don't they buck up and pay to get the license? Because THEY are greedy. They want to milk a franchise for as much money as they can get without having to pay upfront to play. To me that is greed. So I just wish people would understand why big companies have to protect their license. It is an investment. And they have to protect that investment. Just my 2 cents on the topic.

End rant :lol

And I should add.... if you are a big company and expect people to stop buying from the unlicensed and in turn buy from you, you best act completely different than TOTS and treat customers with respect and give good customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your opinion on the project runs on this site? Most of that stuff are based on items from films that companies already hold licenses for?

What is your opinion on the project runs on this site? Most of that stuff are based on items from films that companies already hold licenses for?

I agree... pretty much all the stuff here violates IP laws, but often it is viewed as "just a run on a forum". Half the time the guys are recouping their own investment in time and product and often break even or make enough to start a new project. This is a hobby and they are using it to fund more purchases and new ideas, not using it as a sole business model. When you see that happen, you just smile and enjoy watching people be creative and have fun. There are a few I have seen here who did push it too far, but they never stepped on our toes by infringing on our license. Now when you start to see them launch their website and launch their online shop, and take their sales out of the forum setting, that starts to look like intent on running a business. This is where they can get in trouble. Again... I have seen it happen here, but it happened with items we don't have a license for... so it is not my business to say anything, lol. So basically the short answer: You have to pick your battles. More often than not you just look the other way, but When the seller on a forum decided to make it a business and no longer just for fun... then you fight. :lol

Granted, some license holders can be real ball busters and crack down on the forums... but I don't think that is necessary.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back