"Kylo Ren" costume..Almost finished... I hope!!

Anubis

I started this project mid Jan when my partner bought me the Hasbro Black series helmet which I completely gutted, Binned the God awful voice changer and speaker, Ripped out the eye lense and black plastic cheeks, Welded the two halves together, Added black cloth to the cheek area's and also black mesh to the eye area and then repainted and weathered it.I've also left the speakers slots intact as I've added a directional cooling fan in there which draws in fresh air and blows it down onto my face, It gets hot as hell in there with the padding etc.. I did go a bit mental with the left side of the lid in regards to "Battle damage", My thoughts behind this were that he had a secondary helmet and once he was returned to the safety of the First Order and healed he had a major tantrum at the embarrassing loss to "Rey" and not one to let it lie he took his anger out on his Helmet (Sounds bad does that.. LOL) with possibly another lightsaber, After all he has an horrendous temper and he didn't like being bitch slapped by a Female! I then bought the Hasbro Black series Lightsaber which I proceeded to swap out the side blades for the "Icicle" items and onto applying the hot glue method to the main blade and new side blades. I am currently finishing off the "Day" blade paint up hence why it is not in the photo's below. I looked for the boots but with funds being tight I can't buy the boots from "Giovanni Rodriguez or the "Imperial" ones, so I did my best making my own, Add the four straps to a leather boot spat that I made myself and then gluing them onto the acquired boots....I have done my very best with these. I also made the neck seal myself after looking at various build threads and posts from various sources etc and quite pleased with how it turned out....

This isn't an exact replica as I've added "Battle damage" to the left cheek and overall helmet and non accurate boots etc.....

I have also purchased the coated jeggings from a local shop near to me and also bought a pair of black jeans that I am going to treat with "Greenland" wax when it arrives. I contacted "Antoine Le Chatelier" In France for his soft parts: Inner Tunic, Surcoat, Hood/Capelet and leather belt kit (Belt, Buckle and saber clip).....These arrived last week and I am totally speechless....Bang on fitment, excellent craftsmanship, Amazing look and feel and top notch communication and turn around! I also purchased "John Fuqua's" Leather gloves, Again excellent fitment, quality and craftsmanship, Communication and turn around! All I have to do now is wait for the "Greenland wax to arrive this week, get onto the "Waxing" process and my "Kylo Ren" is finished...I hope??!!

Please let me know your thoughts and I look forward to reading your replies, thoughts etc...

Again I've done the very best that I can possibly do and on the finances available to me, It's been a real labour of love creating this costume and one that I have thoroughly enjoyed. It gives me the chance to carry on with costuming due to my health restrictions as I was diagnosed with "Fibromyalgia" just before Christmas and I have a choice of costumes that I can now wear...Vader if I am up to it or Kylo if I want to wear something light weight and comfortable for me etc....

Best wishes,

Paul.

(No Neckseal in this shot as I was just finishing it)

Last edited:
Finally finished the Hasbro Black series "Kylo Ren" Lightsaber "Day Blade and Icicle" modifications. ....Swapped out the original cross guards (Side blades) for clear Icicle blades, for the main blade I wrapped it in clingfilm and then applied hot glue to give it a molten look when illuminated..I then painted all three blades using "Granville:Amber Light" Orange tail light bulb paint..Applied about two full coats to the three blades....Its looking so much better now it's been fully modified!

Here's a link to the youtube video I upload of the lightsaber with the modifications....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIJwTtrbduA

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back