How did the studio create the texture for the Deadpool costume?

I found the material!:D
deadfoot.jpg

The fabric has been found. Its silkscreened with high density ink, like has been said numerous times. I don't know why everyone is trying to find something that's already been found? If looking for alternatives, fair enough. The new spiderman suit, deadpool and daredevil (s2) are all stretch fabrics with a brick print screen printed with HD inks, the only difference is the base fabric. Deadpool used a cool red, Daredevil a dark cool red and it appears Mcu Spiderman used a standard red.

Im sure the directors of CA:CW would jst be trying to throw everybody off by their posts on the fabric used for spider-man
civil-war_spiderman_texture.jpg

do they have silk screen that isn't glossy like what has been shown numerous times on therpf?

I can't wait til someone posts the real textured fabric used for deadpool :thumbsup

Last edited:
wow.. i guess that's why people are charging several hundred dollars for a foot of silk screen printed material, and here I was thinking that was a little crass :rolleyes
it's really awesome that these things are available and I appreciate the insight

still looking forward to a more reasonable alternative to spending so much money for just the fabric

wow.. i guess that's why people are charging several hundred dollars for a foot of silk screen printed material, and here I was thinking that was a little crass :rolleyes
it's really awesome that these things are available and I appreciate the insight

still looking forward to a more reasonable alternative to spending so much money for just the fabric

im sure you're being sarcastic, but let me explain why it costs so much.

step 1; design your print.
Step 2; coat silk screen in emulsion.
step 3; let emulsion dry.
Step 4; print design on transparent paper.
step 5; expose screen.
step 6; mix paint.
Step 7; print

this isn't even including the researching done into the print design and sourcing the fabric. Then you've got fabric costs, paint, emulsion costs etc. screen printing takes skill, time and effort. That's why the cost is 'crass'. It's not unreasonable to pay hundreds for a cowl or a faces hell but it is for silk screened fabric?

Mad for an alternative, I'd look into spandex mock eyelets. They're like a fake mesh and some have the same checkerboard pattern of the Deadpool suit. But again, you're never going to find anything particularly close as the original was silk screened.

actually, Deadpool92, i was not being sarcastic. i appreciated the link that collinE83 posted that shed some light on the prices and the insight on the process.
There is definitely nothing reasonable abt paying hundreds of dollars for anything that I can make on my own (cowl, faceshell, etc.) the only exception is if there is some incredibly constructed piece that would be near impossible to make at a cheaper cost. supply / demand / inability.. etc.
so....... it's crass to me that anyone would charge those prices outside of a professional printing company. (btw, i commend collinE83 and his efforts to find a cheaper solution.)

if anyone on this thread was interested in an alternative, i'm sure they would've already gotten it. i'm certainly not interested or hopped up on getting a spandex unitard from AliExpress.. nobody is. but thanks for that insight as well. ;)

I looked for that post but couldn't find it.. What's the guys name?

I've looked through a ton of material posted by Dan Crawley, Russ Shinkle, Joshua Shaw, Alessandro Baldasseroni, and the only person I've been able to find that is tied to a printed suit for deadpool so far is El Fett?

Not doubting you, jst would like to see what was said :)

Anyway.. My question still stands from two weeks ago. Does anyone have any evidence other than their speculation that the suit is printed?
Bc in the states we have fabric stores that supply some creative possibilities with textured materials that are close to what is used

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I understood what you meant at least. :D

I'd say with the Marvel costume makers saying the other superheroes had screenprinted costumes, and then a previous poster saying that the costume designer posted on the The RPF's Facebook page that it was screenprinted (although I can't seem to find that one) that signs point to a screen printed spandex.

The only clue by looking at it, that actually points me to believing it's screenprinted, is this shot.

everything-you-missed-in-the-new-deadpool-trailer-765846.jpg

Unfortunately it's a butt shot, but textured fabric shouldn't wear like that. It looks like the paint has worn off in heavy traffic areas.

I still think textured fabric is the most cost/time effective solution, though, especially with how nice some of the weaves are.

Anyway.. My question still stands from two weeks ago. Does anyone have any evidence other than their speculation that the suit is printed?
Bc in the states we have fabric stores that supply some creative possibilities with textured materials that are close to what is used

It's not speculation. You're the only one speculating that it's not screen printed. It's a fact. I'm not so sure why that is so hard to understand?

right.. did you read what you quoted?
im not contesting the cost of a professional silkscreen process.

&& i actually said "supply (over) demand (over) inability.." - if someone wanted the printed fabric, then there are options for that.

&& back to the OP like you said.. if you believe the studio printed the fabric, then where did you find that info?

..bc like I originally posted.. I jst want to read that info for myself. ;)

&& i actually said "supply (over) demand (over) inability.." - if someone wanted the printed fabric, then there are options for that.

&& back to the OP like you said.. if you believe the studio printed the fabric, then where did you find that info?

Because its obvious from looking at the fabric. Just like its obvious looking at the brick print of TASM, the Daredevil S2 suit, Starlords jacket etc. Etc.

If you know anything about screen printing, you can clearly see that's how it was done. Not to mention the only true replica out there was created by silkscreening. Keep speculating until the DVD comes out.

If you want a cost effective method I suggest using a checkerboard stencil and spraying the pattern on to thick spandex/scuba jersey.

Ah! ok.. i was hoping that someone had some kind of secret info they found and it wasn't jst an obvious hunch lol

I guess I'll see if I can get any clues from Angus Strathie or Russ Shinkle.. providing i don't have to sign a nda, I will post what I find.. wish me luck! :D

I was explicitly told so by Stephanie Maslansky (the Costume Designer for Daredevil and Jessica Jones). Is that official enough for you~?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back