ESB DL-44 - Plastic Flash Hidder and Plastic Mauser not playing nice!!!

darkev2

Okay folks I was hoping that I had finally accumulated enough parts to "quickly" build a low budget ESB DL-44 but it seems I've run into a bit of a problem. The 3d Printed Flash Hidder I ordered from Shapeways is a bit small for the Cheap Plastic Mausers I had previously purchased. To make a long story short I think the thing was made "only" for a Denix. I don't know where I got the idea that the thing would just simply slide right onto the barrel of the Spring Mauser but it doesn't and now I have to sit down and start sanding, drilling or milling out the opening until it does. YEAH!!!!

Oh before I start the process would someone mind telling me how much of the barrel should remain between the body of the gun and the Flash Hidder??? I don't need to be exact since I'm obviously not going for a perfect match but I would like it to be at least somewhat correctly proportioned. Thank You

heres a shot of the esb blaster for length reference

promo.jpg I want to say this is Scottjua's photo.

The barrels for esb were cut just behind the front sight post. So you should still have almost all of the barrel left. It protrudes THROUGH the flash hider with the muzzle showing out of the front.

So given what you say I'm going to have to do a major BORE out of the Shapeways ESB Flash Hider because given the size of the opening and my barrels there is NO WAY that is going to happen. Which again begs the question is the thing made "only" for the Denix and is the Denix Barrel that skinny??? Can anyone who has ordered the Flash Hider from Shapeways please chime in here!!!! Thank You!!!!

The barrels for esb were cut just behind the front sight post. So you should still have almost all of the barrel left. It protrudes THROUGH the flash hider with the muzzle showing out of the front.

More likely the flash hider just isn't correct... The denix barrel is generally the size of a mauser barrel... so not super skinny. Would help to know what you're referring to.

Drill it out in two steps: Front for the right width of the denix barrel at the point it will poke out... and back the width of the barrel as it meets the back of the flash hider.

After a PM reply from the author of the part I now know what I was doing wrong. The part was specifically made for a Plastic Spring Driven Airsoft Mauser (like the one(s) I have). However the issue was with the barrel that I was trying to put into the Flash Hider. The "barrel" was not the part that was designed to go into the Flash Hider. Certain brands of the "Plastic" Mauser have a slightly longer barrel on the body of the gun and the rest of the barrel is of course attached to this part by way of a "bright orange" (in most cases) connector tube. It is this tube that was supposed to fit onto the Flash Hider and not the "separate" barrel like I assumed. I should have figured it out without contacting the designer but I guess I was having a bit of a "senior" moment.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back