Anovos anounces Kylo Ren

cyberpyrot

Sr Member

Attachments

• ProductPage14_7be29b47-14e3-4eb9-9b36-10e740437fe1.png
    ProductPage14_7be29b47-14e3-4eb9-9b36-10e740437fe1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
To me, this takes a lot out of the hobby. Save up, buy a fully finished costume. I personally enjoy the build, the hunt for parts, the talking online and researching pictures and screen grabs. I know some folks love their work, I have never seen it in person, but I am sure it is nice. I will be taking my Black Series helmet and modifying it to meet my needs.

Also, their prices, wowzers. To each their own I suppose.

To me, this takes a lot out of the hobby. Save up, buy a fully finished costume. I personally enjoy the build, the hunt for parts, the talking online and researching pictures and screen grabs. I know some folks love their work, I have never seen it in person, but I am sure it is nice. I will be taking my Black Series helmet and modifying it to meet my needs.

Also, their prices, wowzers. To each their own I suppose.

some are nice to buy and display like Anovos.. the ones I like to wear are the ones that get built.

its only 2k without helmet, which is not bad at all I have been following dawn from the 501st and her kylo build and I think she is almost at 2k on her outfit and she sewed it herself so for those who have little to no building/sewing skills and want a accurate kylo anovos is not bad at all. I think dawn said that she is at $1800 and still continuing which if you have a anovos promo code it takes the 2K kylo down to $1800, you cant beat that

I don't know the specifics of either, but wasn't Vader less than that at the start? I'd think vader should much more difficult than Kylo...maybe they're very expensive and/or hard to get materials or something i don't know, but for Kylo - seems on the high side. There could very well be good reasons though - just initial impression.

I think the downside to the kylo is for one the neck seal looks off and unless you have sewing skills or fit perfectly within the anovos height size you are going to have to cough up some more $$$ to have the outfit tailored to you're measurements.

Last edited:
Yup.. not a fan of this. Their price point going up only makes me worried how hard they're going to go with the F/O Trooper price point.. I thought I was crazy for going in at 1,500 for Empire Snowy..

I think the downside to the kylo is for one the neck seal looks off and unless you have sewing skills or fit perfectly within the anovos height size you are going to have to cough up some more $$$ to have the outfit tailored to you're measurements.

The neck seal is accurate to the production pieces. You have to keep in mind it is on a slim, stiff mannequin, so it's not going to look exactly right.

I pre-ordered one today. Am very excited about it! (obviously)

I think I would've said this very thing even 5 years ago... but I have lived a full and long (thus far) costuming life. My parents costumed when I was a kid in the 1970s. I have made and modded and made and modded and am at the point that if I can just buy I'm okay to pay more $$ than to have to do "anything" myself.

They win with the geek inside me — you know, the one that wants to be able to post on Instagram and everywhere that "I've pre-ordered!". It makes me feel like I'm part of something. Which is EXACTLY what I know they want me to feel. i.e. I was born during one of those "minutes" David Hannum was talking about.

From what I've seen of the TK Anovos delivered. It's pretty much great right out of the box. It's TOO perfect (for my taste) but the new stuff in TFA is much more "perfect" to begin with: there weren't dudes smokin' weed in a ware house painting and assembling it. haha

So yeah... I'm stoked!

I pre-ordered one today. Am very excited about it! (obviously)

I think I would've said this very thing even 5 years ago... but I have lived a full and long (thus far) costuming life. My parents costumed when I was a kid in the 1970s. I have made and modded and made and modded and am at the point that if I can just buy I'm okay to pay more $$ than to have to do "anything" myself.

They win with the geek inside me — you know, the one that wants to be able to post on Instagram and everywhere that "I've pre-ordered!". It makes me feel like I'm part of something. Which is EXACTLY what I know they want me to feel. i.e. I was born during one of those "minutes" David Hannum was talking about.

From what I've seen of the TK Anovos delivered. It's pretty much great right out of the box. It's TOO perfect (for my taste) but the new stuff in TFA is much more "perfect" to begin with: there weren't dudes smokin' weed in a ware house painting and assembling it. haha

So yeah... I'm stoked!

The materials, stitching, and coating are really good. Got to touch and see this in person at Wondercon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back