The Anovos Kylo Ren Costume

I ckecked some details on anovos costume, especially on a video on Adam Savage wearing it at comic con 2016.

anovos.jpg15776523_10157982358775608_1919921573_o.pnganovos plis irreguliers.png

What is surprising is the irregular pleating.
I first was thinking they copied a specific pattern, but I checked the original prop and the irregular pleating is different.
So, I would try to get pictures of different anovos costume (here its 3 pics of the same) to seee if their pleating folloxs a specific pattern, inspirated by original prop, of if it's just random.
If not random, seems we have to take care about it, if not, not a problem for a regular pattern on tunic, and just follow the irregular patter of original prop for sleeves.

looks like ANOVOS is coming with a STANDARD version of the kylo costume for 1/3 of the price.
for someone who ordered the premier version, I can't help it but feel ripped off.
looks like the only difference is that the belt is faux leather.

the hood/scarf/top coat looks to be the same in appearance as the pictures of the perimer

looks like ANOVOS is coming with a STANDARD version of the kylo costume for 1/3 of the price.
for someone who ordered the premier version, I can't help it but feel ripped off.

the hood/scarf/top coat looks to be the same in appearance as the pictures of the perimer

The fabrics and material are different but have the same patterns.

They also had a premier and standard line for Vader.

I doubt the photos are reflective of the final product.

I think they mentioned on their Facebook that the images used to be the same, incorrectly. They look different now. If I remember right it's the Premier images that were corrected.

Not trying to be ugly...and I fully get the "Great props take time"...just saying. There was / is no delay in shooting out 20 new "Rogue One" costumes for the now infamous "pre-order". I agree with the above...I just think it's starting to be a tad too much of a "money grab" and not enough produce & deliver.

In theory...sounds like a great business plan...if you are the person getting all the deposits. But...maybe more time could be spent on speeding up quality production on orders taken as opposed to new designs and more "pre-order" deposits.

Just saying...

don't know if its good news or not

but i ordered the premier complete ensemble and I got the helmet today (i know helmet was in stock for awhile now), if they waited this long to ship me to helmet maybe that means the rest will follow soon!

Finally received the helmet too! I'm really happy now and can't wait for the rest to arrive. I do feel disappointed that some parts of the helmet (while being glued together) don't look too stable, I'm sure you need a lot of purposefully force to damage this thing but I did expect perfection. Not going to repeat what has been said about it a thousand times before - it speaks for itself:
img-20170710-wa00000pu5h.jpeg

This was the word I got at the D23 Expo about the ensemble...

Currently the Kylo Ren Premier Ensemble is nearing the end of production. We at ANOVOS previously anticipated the soft-goods for this ensemble to be completed and available for shipment last season. However, due to unexpected circumstances, the production window with our manufacturers was delayed. Additionally, as this costume contains nine separate components, it is easily one of our most complex undertakings for ensembles to-date. At this time I do not have a specific date we will start shipping, but I can say that we will update you information as it becomes available.

I don't know. That doesn't smell like Q3 this year to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back