The Anovos Kylo Ren Costume

Some of the stuff looks decent but some of it looks like **** too. That neck seal is faux leather and the shape seems quite a bit off. Where are the gloves picture? They are faux leather as well. Also, no boots? And what's with the pants and the suspenders? Also, as far as the pricing goes I'm going to have probably 2000 into mine total with all the pieces which is far far less than what they want that doesn't include boots or lightsaber.

Some of the stuff looks decent but some of it looks like **** too. That neck seal is faux leather and the shape seems quite a bit off. Where are the gloves picture? They are faux leather as well. Also, no boots? And what's with the pants and the suspenders? Also, as far as the pricing goes I'm going to have probably 2000 into mine total with all the pieces which is far far less than what they want that doesn't include boots or lightsaber.
the price is just crazy for fabric clothing. but then, in no expert.

They're crazy for asking that much IMO... 2,635 for Tier 1.... 3,100 'MSRP'... Soft goods costing more than any of their full armors cost? God this is making me dread the F/O Trooper cost already..

They're crazy for asking that much IMO... 2,635 for Tier 1.... 3,100 'MSRP'... Soft goods costing more than any of their full armors cost? God this is making me dread the F/O Trooper cost already..
That price is with the helmet too. Tier 1 for outfit without the helmet is 2k which is still a lot.

You're looking at an accurate reproduction of the production made costume. The fabrics are custom made, coated in the same way they were done for the film (which, by the way, no one has figured out yet how to do properly). The pants have suspenders, just like the film costume did. The base layer has a mesh panel to allow for cooling, and to prevent the wearer from suffering heat stroke. Many film production costumes comprised of multiple layers do this (See: Captain America: Civil War).

Also keep in mind, this is a prototype on a mannequin. Some of the pieces won't look right. The neck seal seems to be the piece everyone is pointing out the most, but that is how the neck seal was constructed.

You will not be able to make a more screen accurate costume using materials as accurate as these for less.

You're looking at an accurate reproduction of the production made costume. The fabrics are custom made, coated in the same way they were done for the film (which, by the way, no one has figured out yet how to do properly). The pants have suspenders, just like the film costume did. The base layer has a mesh panel to allow for cooling, and to prevent the wearer from suffering heat stroke. Many film production costumes comprised of multiple layers do this (See: Captain America: Civil War).

Also keep in mind, this is a prototype on a mannequin. Some of the pieces won't look right. The neck seal seems to be the piece everyone is pointing out the most, but that is how the neck seal was constructed.

You will not be able to make a more screen accurate costume using materials as accurate as these for less.

I agree with this, it's incredible, at an incredible price.

I've never shopped with anovos, but I ordered the Kylo helmet and I trust it will be perfect.

it just amazes me that a fabric costume can cost more to make than the helmet alone. amazing!

The sizing options are interesting, they're keeping the inseam & lengths 1:1 with the movie costume and adjusting the waist.

I'm surprised he's more $350 more than Vader -- Also, worth noting that getting Tier 1 of the Helmet a few months back and getting Tier 1 of the costume ensemble is cheaper than Tier 1 of the helmet + ensemble.

If this were a villain I actually like, I'd have no problem putting down that kind of cash. This is a VERY reasonable price for an incredible replica costume based on the SU originals.

I think they did a great job and it seems that they even sold out on the kylo helmet which says a lot as I think its their first star wars item to actually be sold out. Im glad i was able to snag one

Like I posted in another thread, I've been involved with prototyping this, I can tell you the costume is really nicely made, far better than any replica costume I have seen before. The fabric was custom made to match screen used Ren costumes.

The big question is if this will actually ship in a reasonable time? Still waiting on my Bespin Luke in ordered in 2014. Price is great for the quality I'm sure.

Neck seal still looks like crap to me, plus faux leather. Gloves aren't pictured, plus faux leather. No boots? Lightsaber clip not functional? I'm also wondering what time frame you would even get it as the helmet itself is still a ways out. Also don't get why it's cheaper to buy the helmet and costume separate compared to getting them together. Also, they don't allow custom measurements? I would hope for that kind of money they do.

Anyone here thinking of just getting the costume parts and using their (modified?) Black Series helmet? I've frankly never comfortable walking around in a fiberglass helmet anyway. A bit pricey for just soft goods but none of the cheaper eBay or Etsy options seem to come close.

So I wonder why they aren't including the mid-coat?

Seems like a pretty big costume detail to leave off, especially considering it's what he wears in the final duel.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back