The Anovos Kylo Ren Costume

I swear - If they say "it is 'scheduled'" or "it is still 'scheduled'" or "currently 'scheduled'" it means they are hiding something. No two ways about it. I would love to hear them talk for the next 2 years without using the word "scheduled" or anything similar in any correspondence. They have rendered it meaningless.

Here is what I think some folk there are thinking: They know that Kylo costumes may not be ready for Halloween. And they know that they will get a whole load of cancellations as a result. BUT - they may be banking on that: They will still have the costumes and, because they raised the cost by $1000.00, they will recoup their losses by selling them at that higher price as in stock items after Halloween.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you like but all of the current silence means another bump in my experience. They are too quiet.

Asked and answered in the same way they do everytime, Pinky.
Me-"Do you have a new shipping date for the Premiere Kylo Ren Ensemble?"
Anovos Rep- (Looks on the iPad at the website for the shipping schedule)
"It's scheduled for summer of this year"
Interesting note. I asked about a refund because of the delay. I was told it was an option but if I already received the helmet (which I have) there would be a $50 restocking fee to return it.
Nice.

Wow - one month left in the Summer "Delivery" window after "Reggie" said "delivery in March and April" because it had "completed production." What is starting to bother me now is that myself and one other person are getting very rushed responses from customer service. As if they are annoyed we are asking after them to see what is going on.

If they had a right to any feelings on the matter that would be one thing but we are well past that consideration, no?

FFFFFFFF....

This is Reggie from ANOVOS with new information about your order #ANOVOS-XXXXfor the STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Kylo Ren Premier Costume Ensemble. I am happy to report that this ensemble remains on track to ship Summer 2018 into Fall. The final approvals are currently in process and we expect these items to arrive to our Fulfillment Center very soon. Once I have a firm date that shipping to customers will begin, I will notify you in a separate update.

We found that moving projects to different manufacturers has improved our ability to provide a full range of items to customers this season. This upcoming season has promised to be our opportunity to finish these outstanding projects and continue to move forward with a number of other wonderful items that are planned for release in the coming year. We sincerely appreciate that you continue to stand with us as we move forward. Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

As your Customer Supply Liaison it is my goal to ensure each and every one of our customers are kept up-to-date on the progress of their orders. I will continue to monitor the progress of this production run and update you if any new details arise in regards to your order.

Sincerely,

Reggie Scott
Customer Supply Liaison

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how he says "remains" on track for Summer/ Fall when it was only on track for Spring/ Summer prior to this. Funny, where are all the people saying, "oh, be fair - this is a learning curve and we are all human beings" ?!!!!!

LOAD OF CRAP

This is Reggie from ANOVOS with new information about your order #ANOVOS-XXXXfor the STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Kylo Ren Premier Costume Ensemble. I am happy to report that this ensemble remains on track to ship Summer 2018 into Fall. The final approvals are currently in process and we expect these items to arrive to our Fulfillment Center very soon. Once I have a firm date that shipping to customers will begin, I will notify you in a separate update.

We found that moving projects to different manufacturers has improved our ability to provide a full range of items to customers this season. This upcoming season has promised to be our opportunity to finish these outstanding projects and continue to move forward with a number of other wonderful items that are planned for release in the coming year. We sincerely appreciate that you continue to stand with us as we move forward. Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

As your Customer Supply Liaison it is my goal to ensure each and every one of our customers are kept up-to-date on the progress of their orders. I will continue to monitor the progress of this production run and update you if any new details arise in regards to your order.

Sincerely,

Reggie Scott
Customer Supply Liaison

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the e-mail. Apparently they are waiting for the shipment to come to their fulfillment center but the cross ocean trip will likely take weeks.

I have a couple of thoughts behind this:

1. I believe we have heard this story before. Didn't they say that they were completed and they were waiting for arrival to their DC so they could ship?

2. Notwithstanding the above, I believe this is going to be the true drop dead update. Either the next update will be a confirmation that orders are being shipped or we will get news that something didn't pass some sort of check and the date will be pushed or the project will be cancelled.

I believe that this was an honest update especially considering the follow-up update. I don't know that the costumes will get to customers by Halloween but I think probably around that time frame.

Either way, the Anovos Kylo helmets got pushed so unless I can find someone that will let me borrow one, I am likely going to be Boba Fett for this Halloween anyway.

Sean

Yes, but, while they announced "completed" before, we were told that they were then going through final approval - "each...with a fine tooth comb," etc. We were also told they were also going through safety checks which is b.s. because concerns of that nature are largely addressed with a prototype. I believe however in a need for final approval and inspection though. By contrast, the TLJ Kylo cape and shirt "breezed" through final approval and is now shipping according to Anovos.

I agree with you that the next update will most likely either be a shipping notice or a cancellation. No way we are getting these by Halloween is my bet.

Me, I have the Kylo helmet from them - have had it for about 14 months. It might look cool at the bottom of a large aquarium display, huh?!

I got the e-mail. Apparently they are waiting for the shipment to come to their fulfillment center but the cross ocean trip will likely take weeks.

I have a couple of thoughts behind this:

1. I believe we have heard this story before. Didn't they say that they were completed and they were waiting for arrival to their DC so they could ship?

2. Notwithstanding the above, I believe this is going to be the true drop dead update. Either the next update will be a confirmation that orders are being shipped or we will get news that something didn't pass some sort of check and the date will be pushed or the project will be cancelled.

I believe that this was an honest update especially considering the follow-up update. I don't know that the costumes will get to customers by Halloween but I think probably around that time frame.

Either way, the Anovos Kylo helmets got pushed so unless I can find someone that will let me borrow one, I am likely going to be Boba Fett for this Halloween anyway.

Sean

I agree with you. But if I quote you it will screw it up. ;)

Here's something that betrays a staggering level of ignorance. In that one update from Reggie March 9th he says that everything has been "completed" and that they are looking to ship out end of March into April. But all the subsequent updates talk about final approvals and safety checks. HOW......I mean HOW THE F did the "liason" at Anovos COMPLETELY MISS the process of final approvals and checks that has applied to all prior costume items?!!! There are only two ways to achieve this: 100% lying or 100% ignorant on the matter and unqualified to speak for the company - there is no way around it being one of those options. Very disconcerting.

And final approvals I get. But what "safety check" is not addressed with the prototype?

Anyone have any extra heroin?

everyday i try not to be reminded of this thread and my order. lol

You notice that too?! Granted, it is a more simple design and product. And I suspect it was made entirely in the U.S. But that is a guess. At the very least it shows that somewhere someone was making something which is a step up from some of my speculation.

I like how the Last Jedi Kylo Ren Cape and Tunic is in stock and shipping already. like wtf

Curious who has cancelled here. And has anyone purchased some of the very nice "alternative" Kylo costumes out there? Would be fun to read a reveiw. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back