The Anovos Kylo Ren Costume

Wasn't there a "standard" Kylo helmet offered at some point? I really don't want to shell out $$$ for the premier when I just need it for cosplay.
The black series helmet is uncomfortable for me to wear.

Amazing. I wish they were more up front about this. It's funny - they are going to get us the costume AFTER his outfit has changed for Star Wars 8. I understand problems but be WAY up front about it. Why is this caveat not posted to their site? This looks to be 2 Halloweens passing without it. I know they wish it were happening better too but just BE OPEN WITH CUSTOMERS. As in, the delay will be huge. If you need a refund, go to x link, etc.

This was the word I got at the D23 Expo about the ensemble...

Currently the Kylo Ren Premier Ensemble is nearing the end of production. We at ANOVOS previously anticipated the soft-goods for this ensemble to be completed and available for shipment last season. However, due to unexpected circumstances, the production window with our manufacturers was delayed. Additionally, as this costume contains nine separate components, it is easily one of our most complex undertakings for ensembles to-date. At this time I do not have a specific date we will start shipping, but I can say that we will update you information as it becomes available.

I don't know. That doesn't smell like Q3 this year to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there a "standard" Kylo helmet offered at some point? I really don't want to shell out $$$ for the premier when I just need it for cosplay.
The black series helmet is uncomfortable for me to wear.

Yes, Anovos originally did have an offering for a standard helmet. I placed an order for one as soon as it went up, as I simply wanted it to Cosplay, just like you, & didn't want to shell out for the Premier version. Unfortunately, because of a lack of orders, & the cost involved in producing the helmet, they ultimately decided to cancel this offering. For those of us who had pre-ordered it, Anovos offered an upgrade to the Premier version for what equated to the original discounted price that the Premier helmet was initially offered at. The amount we had paid for the standard line helmet ($299), was applied towards the cost of the Premier helmet. I believe my final cost for my Premier helmet was around $550 shipped. For me, it was a good deal, as I've paid far more for some of my other helmets for costumes. Hope this helps answer your question.:cool

Yes, Anovos originally did have an offering for a standard helmet. I placed an order for one as soon as it went up, as I simply wanted it to Cosplay, just like you, & didn't want to shell out for the Premier version. Unfortunately, because of a lack of orders, & the cost involved in producing the helmet, they ultimately decided to cancel this offering. For those of us who had pre-ordered it, Anovos offered an upgrade to the Premier version for what equated to the original discounted price that the Premier helmet was initially offered at. The amount we had paid for the standard line helmet ($299), was applied towards the cost of the Premier helmet. I believe my final cost for my Premier helmet was around $550 shipped. For me, it was a good deal, as I've paid far more for some of my other helmets for costumes. Hope this helps answer your question.:cool

Awesome thanks! I knew I wasn't going crazy.

Thanks, Fastball. I couldn't figure out if it applied to my comments, etc. Like many here I am so very impressed by ANOVOS but also truly disappointed in their lack of self-awareness. Their miscalculation of a full year is pretty ridiculous. How we run a culture that promises things before inventing them is more of a vicious stupidity than a reality in my opinion. And their quarterly window closes in less than a month with no update.

Watch - we'll get KR costumes on like Nov. 3rd pfff

Well, their site still says SUMMER for premiere outfit and no emails to the contrary. I bet we'll hear something tomorrow one way or the other.

I knew it. I just ******* knew it!

Email from Anovos just now...
"I wanted to reach out to personally thank you for your pre-order #ANOVOS-20621 of the STAR WARS™: THE FORCE AWAKENS: Kylo Ren Premier Costume Ensemble, as well as provide an update on this product’s current status.

After extensive discourse with our manufacturer we have to report that, in order to uphold the level of quality expected from an ANOVOS product, we must extend our shipping estimate to Winter 2017. Unfortunately, some unforeseen circumstances arose with the different size grades. This forced us to halt and reevaluate the product for quality in order to meet the expectations of a premier line offering. We know that this product’s final quality is important to you and always keep these needs in mind when producing these products. Additionally, these circumstances forced us to reevaluate the gravity of the situation; including bringing in additional manufacturers that can guarantee ANOVOS quality and get you the final product.

We fully understand that these delays are unacceptable -- they are unacceptable to us, and with this in mind, our “no questions asked” refund policy is in full effect. We sincerely apologize for the continuing delay, but we are hoping we could convince you to continue to wait for this Premier Line offering"

As late as yesterday they were still saying the deliveries would start on the 21st. which is the end of their quarter, not the end of the month. I went through this with them at and they said without a doubt I would have my ensemble for this halloween. I went ahead and ordered the boots to go with it.

This time I feel like I was out and out lied to. They know this summer it wasn't going to be delivered this quarter. They knew YESTERDAY it wasn't going to be delivered this quarter yet they told me something different. They offered a discount coupon to keep my order. But why would I order from them again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm pretty pissed as well but not at all surprised. I'm just amazed at at how long it has taken at this point. I mean it is mainly just some cloth and leather pieces and some sowing at this point right? Lol

I have some fabrics as well as other Kylo Ren costume pieces for sale that are in hand and ready for shipment for anyone that is sick of waiting for Anovos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back