The Anovos Kylo Ren Costume

maxresdefault.jpg

not going to lie, I'm disappointed in this. The helmet looks phenomenal but the costume itself isn't that good and doesn't look correct or screen accurate. Maybe once Anovos comes out with the final it will be better

- - - Updated - - -

where did you get the black basket weave cotton? i am looking for some to redo my outer coat and hood/cape combo

Talking about Anovos, does anyone currently have a spare 10% code? I'd really need it as you might can think. Will pass on mine.

Talking about Anovos, does anyone currently have a spare 10% code? I'd really need it as you might can think. Will pass on mine.

You can buy something cheap and get one. My friend got a patch. It's worth the $15 for the savings on a costume.

Whelp, after seeing the Wondercon pics I took the plunge. Anybody have any suggestions on boots and a lightsaber hilt that fits in the holder?

Since the tier 1 pricing ends in a few hours: I still have a spare 10% Anovos code and a 10$ gift code. If anyone needs them -> send me a PM.

They're crazy for asking that much IMO... 2,635 for Tier 1.... 3,100 'MSRP'... Soft goods costing more than any of their full armors cost? God this is making me dread the F/O Trooper cost already..
Yup kind of agree. Kylo suit isnt even as hard for some to make vrs a full trooper armor and there asking that much. crazy.

Yup kind of agree. Kylo suit isnt even as hard for some to make vrs a full trooper armor and there asking that much. crazy.

Trooper armor is easier to duplicate once you've made your bucks (which are simple in design). For the most part, you just form, cut, assemble. Every Kylo will require a lot more work and cost way more in materials. Plus, Kylo's helmet is far more complex than anything on a trooper.

Anovos just updated the costume and added new pictures... I can't wait! Incredible! Even the sleeves are black now.
image.jpeg
More pictures on the product page:
http://www.anovos.com/collections/s...lo-ren-costume-ensemble-with-helmet-pre-order

Edit: After taking a closer look at the pictures, I feel like this outfit goes in the right direction. This is a prototype after all and I understand that, but I expect these things to change for the final product: Less shiny sleeves. We can see that the sleeves are waxed to some extent in the movie but they're not nearly as reflective. The same thing can be said about the outer robe - the basket weave is completely accurate, yet the movie robe(s) looked more like a waxed wool material and wasn't that reflective. It almost looks like a polyester robe in some ways. Stuff like the too short outer robe, too wide sleeves and a not quite correctly looking folded or stitched scarf/hood, are probably the result of using a model who doesn't fit perfectly into the costume. The helmet also looks different in these pictures. There's now that gunmetal finish to it. I'd say they nailed the helmet 100% now. I really hope they will further improve the materials until it becomes a true replica outfit. Movie accurate in every way possible and I don't doubt we'll see an improved final product.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back