The Anovos Kylo Ren Costume

So it takes them just as long to prep a refund. I cancelled the orders including this ensemble back in February. They just go back and forth saying they cancelled it on their end (customer support) I think they play the waiting game as they cannot afford people cancelling the orders. :/

I e-mailed support about a week ago to inquire about when the standard line ensemble would ship. I hadn't ordered yet when I submitted the support ticket. Samantha from customer service replied that everything was on track to ship on March 20th and if I ordered last week that my order would be shipped by the 20th or maybe a few days after. I noticed the e-mail from Reggie earlier today that it looks like they are on track but may ship slightly later than planned. I also pre-ordered the premier line TFA Kylo helmet that will hopefully be fulfilled this spring.

Super excited to see this arrive. What is the difference between the premier ensemble and the standard?

Sean

ok just going to post this here as I've seen many ask about the difference between premier vs standard (the only thing different is the fabric)
info taken from Starwars.com, and Anovo's website.

can someone sticky this???

CLICK FOR FULL SIZED PHOTO

anovoskylo.png

Hmmm. I don't understand. According to Reggie at Anovos the Premiere costumes have finished production and are making their way to "fullfilment center" - so this means folks will get them by the end of April from the rest of his rundown.

Are you asking about Standard costume?

Spring 2018 : March 20 - June 20
best case scenario I'm guessing end of June

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I don't understand. According to Reggie at Anovos the Premiere costumes have finished production and are making their way to "fullfilment center" - so this means folks will get them by the end of April from the rest of his rundown.

yes, the standard is now shipping in spring. hopefully its true. i cant wait to be trotting around annoying my family wearing this costume!

just from Anovo's history of delays, I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt. so my personal guess is it will likely delivery end of June

Nice time with Anovos at Wondercon. I do want to say that speaking with them was very reassuring and that, yes, they are not allowed by Disney to communicate with fans as much as they would like. With regard to Kylo Premiere costume there is/ was a VERY legitimate concern that Disney was wrong not to let them tell us. And when you hear this, you will be on Anovos's side: The screen-accurate woven cloth for Kylo on the real costume was not very sturdy. It was shimmery and beautiful, etc. but even the original is falling apart already. And Anovos went through hell trying to make it perfectly accurate yet sturdy enough to survive a few rounds of dry-cleaning which would have wrecked the original. Very legitimate concerns to say the least and they took the time to address this. Had we all known, had they been able to tell us, so much would be running more smoothly. But Disney is the bad guy here.

Dying to see one of the Premier line ensembles in-hand next to one of the Standards. Really hoping they’ll keep offering the Force Awakens version of this even though Last Jedi and IX will likely be different.

Yeah totally. They JUST said delivery late March thru April, right? Their "learning curve" has got to be over now but am told that Quality Control is taking a longer time than usual. I do believe they really want to get these to customers but, in my gut, I have a bad feeling that Quality Control is turning up some issues. Can you imagine if they have to start over again?!

a few more years and you might have some pics of this!

One thing I have been "advised" to do here is never get excited about getting something from Anovos. And I think it worked because the only reason I haven't cancelled is simply because I have waited 'this' long. It seems to have worked too - as soon as this costume shows up it will sit in the box. I even forgot I had it on order for a stretch here. I may use it or resell it but I am not excited about it anymore.

the end of spring is upon us. hopefully they are shipping soon!!

- - - Updated - - -

And their last update said shipping end of March and through April. With no update since. Again, they are hiding something.

This communication was from May 3rd:

Hello Sean,

The Kylo Ren ensembles were expected to ship out by the end of April, but are currently finishing up on final quality control checks, so they should be to our shipping warehouse pretty soon! They are still on schedule to ship out within the Spring Season before June 20th, however, and we'll send you an email as soon as we're ready to ship your order to you.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us, either by responding to this message or via our Live Chat service on our website. Thank you very much for letting us assist you at ANOVOS today.

-Samantha
ANOVOS Customer Support

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back