*2.0 UPGRADE!! New progress on page 8!* Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

I cant wait to see more. your suits lookin great
Thank you!

Sculpting for me is a never-ending prospect. I keep changing things and changing things and changing things and then wishing I hadn't changed that last thing.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
It definitely feels that way for me right about now.. I know that if I just scrap the thing and start over I could do it in half the time, and probably even closer.. Just not sure if I want to take that risk.

You've not mentioned the scarf very much. What color are you going with? Did you use a store bought scarf or homemade? Amazing project! I'm attempting a Knightmare build! First time try for a build! I'm using a Jim Lee inspired cowl that supposedly came from Texas? {Until I can afford a BvS Batman cowl} But in beginning stages! Thanks for sharing your progress! Tons of info!!

You're absolutely right, totally forgot about it. The scarf I have is the wrong color at the moment.. I plan to dye it a darker brown. It is made from a furniture upholstery cloth.. I don't think it's accurate but it looks the part.

When I get it dyed hopefully I'll post up some pics. Should be too long.

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

image.jpeg

So here is the deal with the cowl... I feel like I got close. It looks alright-ish. But I'm not 100% happy with it.. And I don't think all the retooling in the world will help.

I've been fortunate enough to be given plenty of new reference. This sculpture shall be smashed back into the blocks of clay from whence it came.. And like a molten, chocolate colored Phoenix a new... Better.. Sculpture shall rise!

I hope.

Well... We'll see in the next update I guess! :)

Mr mold maker how did you get Zentai to get you that suit? I don't see it on their site. Can you pm or tell me how and it was only $96? I am looking for a good but reasonable doj suit! Thanks

Mr mold maker how did you get Zentai to get you that suit? I don't see it on their site. Can you pm or tell me how and it was only $96? I am looking for a good but reasonable doj suit! Thanks

You have to click on the "You design it, we print and sew it!" banner. It's not an item they sell in their store.

You'll have to find or make your own file and submit it to them, and they will print and sew the suit for you.

You have to click on the "You design it, we print and sew it!" banner. It's not an item they sell in their store.

You'll have to find or make your own file and submit it to them, and they will print and sew the suit for you.

Mr. Mold Maker is there any possible way on this earth you could pm me the file for the suit you ordered. Its exactly what I am looking for.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247069

I purchased from this user. Very reasonable price.. Not perfectly accurate, but no one's will be. ;)
The one I used was the V2 suit without muscle shading, modified slightly to shift the color more towards the accurate base color. If I were to do it again? I wouldn't change anything, just print the file how it comes from him.

Mr. Mold Maker is there any possible way on this earth you could pm me the file for the suit you ordered. Its exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks! I can't figure out how to pm him. I clicked on his name but I don't see the option. Thanks again!

I just have to apologise about the batarang thing : you were absolutely right about the dark nickel color. Your painted prop is definitely on point ! Plenty of great shots in the tech manual confirming this.
If it helps, I also think his side pistol is indeed a 1911 variant, in a Safariland 6004 SLS drop leg holster.

I just have to apologise about the batarang thing : you were absolutely right about the dark nickel color. Your painted prop is definitely on point ! Plenty of great shots in the tech manual confirming this.
If it helps, I also think his side pistol is indeed a 1911 variant, in a Safariland 6004 SLS drop leg holster.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Just got the Tech Manual myself a couple days back. I'm definitely not saying there weren't any black ones in the film, but the hero props all seem to be the nickel color.. Or more accurately aluminum I suppose.

They certainly like to use those Safariland holsters. You'll see them on a few more characters... Only problem? They are expensive! $$$$

There are a few cheaper airsoft replicas available around, I have one or two myself. Came from my go to airsoft shop for tactical gear and weapons replica : taiwangun.com (coincidentally the shop is in Poland, not in Asia !).

teragon
Many thanks for the tip bud, I appreciate it and I'll check out the site asap. Looking for a good Scar replica at the moment as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

The particular model of scar needed is surprisingly hard to find, in this side of the pond at least. The best bang for the bucks I've found is the WE MK16-L Open Bolt GBBR, to which you would need to add a barrel extension from WE also. Bonus point is that it's a gas blow back rifle, meaning it behaves much like a real firearm, with recoil and all, only toned down. Pretty fun (and safe) to shoot.

View attachment 613424

So here is the deal with the cowl... I feel like I got close. It looks alright-ish. But I'm not 100% happy with it.. And I don't think all the retooling in the world will help.

I've been fortunate enough to be given plenty of new reference. This sculpture shall be smashed back into the blocks of clay from whence it came.. And like a molten, chocolate colored Phoenix a new... Better.. Sculpture shall rise!

I hope.

Well... We'll see in the next update I guess! :)

I just a heads up, but I recently watched a cosplay Chris vid and he's making a cowl using a mold from his head, but the cowl done yet, it's supposed to fit head around 22.5 inches. So if his cowl my end up pretty accurate you could possibly buy one from him.

i think the pistol is M1911.
batman took it out for only few sec. after the superman squad started shooting batman's team.

What color is the pistol? I can't remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if they're going to be releasing any official replicas of the props from this? So far I've only seen toys mainly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back