*2.0 UPGRADE!! New progress on page 8!* Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

Excellent work my friend. What model style are the goggles?

Thank you.

The goggles are just a cheap model from eBay. They aren't exact, but they're close enough. I personally can't justify spending $150+ on the correct Nannini's.
image.pngimage.jpeg

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

I can understand that and the ones you found are a great match especially after modifying and weathering them up.

You recall where you found the pants you said were close but were over a bill themselves? I'd like to at least have a jumping point.

I can understand that and the ones you found are a great match especially after modifying and weathering them up.

You recall where you found the pants you said were close but were over a bill themselves? I'd like to at least have a jumping point.

Not at the moment. They were airsoft combat pants with attached knee pads. They'd need the correct Kneepads placed on, and one of the pockets moved I believe. If I find them again, I will let you know.

This is so dope! I love this aesthetic, it was the best part of the movie for me. They should make an elseworlds type movie based on the knightmare. Batman meets Mad Max.

Been following this thread as I am putting together this costume also. Loving the progress you've made. Just a quick question if that's okay. You mentioned the goggles are Nannini's just wondering which model.

Looking good man, +1 on the Bulldog AP, its expensive, and having to wait for it to come in is a pain, but its worth it. Im loving the cowl sculpt. I laughed at the frown face on your armature! Im excited to see all the pieces come together, but more excited on how you mold the cowl. That stuff really interests me. Drop what youre doing and finish it! I want to see! :D

Thanks for all your comments folks!
Progress has been slow, but it's getting there. Saw the film and found a few small changes I'd like to make to the sculpt. At this rate I won't be done until the Blu-Ray comes out... And then I'll probably want to make another!

Been following this thread as I am putting together this costume also. Loving the progress you've made. Just a quick question if that's okay. You mentioned the goggles are Nannini's just wondering which model.

I believe they're called Nannini cruisers. Look for the ones with the round tab, like pictured here. Not the square ones like I previously thought.
image.jpeg

Looking good man, +1 on the Bulldog AP, its expensive, and having to wait for it to come in is a pain, but its worth it. Im loving the cowl sculpt. I laughed at the frown face on your armature! Im excited to see all the pieces come together, but more excited on how you mold the cowl. That stuff really interests me. Drop what youre doing and finish it! I want to see! :D

For the mold? It won't be anything complicated. Likely just a two piece ultracal mold. Luckily my clay is about 5 inches all around the armature, so I won't have any locks or undercuts to worry about. If I can say I've learned anything.. It's keep it simple.

Im still relatively new to the mold making process, but yeah, I was thinking of you doing the 2 piece Ultracal mold. What are you going to cast it out of again? Like I mentioned, I like to see how the person designs the mold, even if its just a two piece. I love the process.

Small update. Got the belt in, and the pouches finished, a picture of the suit, and a nice new toy. :)

View attachment 604771
EGLM. Can be seen in the trailers being held by Batman. There are two bipod adapters that go on the rail, but they are expensive.. May buy one and pop a mold to do resin castings for the launcher. Had this one for quite a while, but just got around to painting the orange cap black. Went for a metallic almost graphite look, and I feel it's a good match to the launcher's body.
where did you get this ? want to get one too for armored batman suit.

Im still relatively new to the mold making process, but yeah, I was thinking of you doing the 2 piece Ultracal mold. What are you going to cast it out of again? Like I mentioned, I like to see how the person designs the mold, even if its just a two piece. I love the process.
No worries bud, when I get there I'll definitely be taking some photos. I believe I'll be casting them in plain old latex. I may do a silicone mold and run urethane copies, but I really can't decide.. I HATE the smell and feel of urethane, so it will likely be latex.

where did you get this ? want to get one too for armored batman suit.

http://www.evike.com/products/37790/

You've got to check back often, as it goes in and out of stock pretty frequently. I was lucky enough to pick it up very early on.. Didn't expect it to play such a huge role in the movie.

These are those pants I linked above!
Added accurate knee padsImage1459480614.753181.jpg
2eb5ce545dbb60f721ba34c9be1633e7.jpg
f5cc4640e98864006bd8d1222cb8309f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look good man, maybe move those pockets up a little bit and they'd be pretty close!

I was going to look into that, but if it's a hassle (I'm assuming being tactical pants, they might be sewn on a bit to thorough) I'll just leave them as is.

These were the closest I could find without being crazy expensive

image.jpeg

Got my rangs in from TheRocketeer.

Fantastic work as usual.. But I suppose that goes without saying. If you've ever been into the Project Runs section of this here forum, you're familiar with his work.

One came with primer over spray on it for some reason, but it came right off with some sanding. I hit them both with 200-something, then 320 to remove the primer and seam lines. Sprayed them both with adhesion promoter, and then a bit of primer. Once they are dry, I'll flip them both and do the other sides.

I'll be going for the dirtied nickel look, as I don't remember ever seeing a black rang in the film. I don't remember seeing the fatter rang either, but it looks dope so I'll let it slide. :lol

Would anyone be interested in how I finish them? I can try and take some step by step photos as I go.. If not, I'll just post them up when they're finished.

Would anyone be interested in how I finish them? I can try and take some step by step photos as I go.. If not, I'll just post them up when they're finished.

I sure would like to see it.

I'll be going for the dirtied nickel look, as I don't remember ever seeing a black rang in the film. I don't remember seeing the fatter rang either, but it looks dope so I'll let it slide. :lol

They were mat black with silver edges in the movie, just like the ones seen in SDCC a while ago :
large_6167e7b9c6865988e5e7e4918563a14c-11733594_10155737389930034_1987923495_o.jpgimg-6700-143152.jpg
But a dark nickel finish would look pretty cool too ! The fat batarangs were in the batcave by the way, as you can see in the google streetview batcave tour, but never seen really in the movie indeed I think. In the extended cut perhaps !

They were mat black with silver edges in the movie, just like the ones seen in SDCC a while ago :
View attachment 610451View attachment 610452
But a dark nickel finish would look pretty cool too ! The fat batarangs were in the batcave by the way, as you can see in the google streetview batcave tour, but never seen really in the movie indeed I think. In the extended cut perhaps !

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Are we we looking at the same Batarangs? The SDCC ones were the dirtied nickel/chrome color I'm talking about.

The one in your picture could very well be exactly like these but because it's backlit it looks dark.. The only straight on shot of the rang I recall seeing is when Batman leaves it for Lex to find.. Which was also this nickel/chrome color.

Perhaps when it comes out on Blu-Ray I'll skim though and find a black one, but as of now I've just not seen one.

The officially released costume ones are silver, and the ones in this video are the nickel/chrome as well. http://youtu.be/v7ldSDAQaBw

Last edited:

I was 100% convinced they were black and chrome, but now you made me doubt... I'm still leaning towards the black, mainly because I had a picture a while ago, before any other official pictures of the movie were out, with the batarang that was black and chrome. And this from the bat cave tour :
batarangs.png

The only think I'm sure now is that it's two tone at least !

Edit : yeah the 3D model in the video is indeed dark nickel but it's a 3D model. Interesting.

I was 100% convinced they were black and chrome, but now you made me doubt... I'm still leaning towards the black, mainly because I had a picture a while ago, before any other official pictures of the movie were out, with the batarang that was black and chrome. And this from the bat cave tour :
View attachment 610481

The only think I'm sure now is that it's two tone at least !

Edit : yeah the 3D model in the video is indeed dark nickel but it's a 3D model. Interesting.

I'm not talking about the 3D model, the guy actually picks one up and spins it around in the video. It starts at 2:35 or so. Right before they talk about the tech cowl. That one is also nickel/chrome/shiny/whatever.
The rounded one is also on the table in the video and it's nickel. I think the two tone effect is just down to the lighting personally. Like I said, I've not seen anything that definitely shows them as black yet... I could absolutely be wrong but who knows.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back