My Batman Cowl

You can certainly make it yourself. You'd have to sculpt/print it, mold it, cast it in latex or urethane, and then you'd have a nice new cowl!

Just a word of caution, the process can cost upwards of $600+.. I am in the middle of sculpting a Batfleck cowl and between materials for the core, clay, etc, I'm already over $300 in... And that's JUST for the sculpture. Mold making materials will be another $300 easily, and then a gallon of urethane.. The costs all add up.

Tiger Stone FX is a fantastic place that I'd check out before committing to DIY, especially if budget is a big factor.

That being said, you'll never learn if you don't do it. When I started I began by just jumping right in and doing some old fashioned trial & error. I'd perhaps start by just looking around these boards for batman cowls, sculpts, molds, etc.

Good luck! :thumbsup

Thank you for your input! I had seen the Tiger Stone cowl and I thought that's great! I might try to make it and if it fails I'll probably buy one of them. I also really like the batfleck cowl I can't wait to see yours!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back