Sarco Plank JSP-14 Blastern Completed (Pic heavy)

I'd love to see how you did on the rest of the outfit.

I'm actually working on my own outfit ATM which draws HEAVILY on Sarco Plank for inspriation :)

Unfortunately I did not finish a full costume. I had build the helmet /head of him and was not happy with it. It even bothers me so much that I decided to not work an a full costume :/
But I can absolutely understand why you are using sarco as inspiration. His design is just neat :)

Looks great.
Just letting you know, you can get a quick glimpse of him while Rey and Finn are running through the outpost together on Jakku.
Thought you might want to know that he did make it into the film, since you obviously dig this guy.
Have your pause button ready though.
Robert

Thank you:) but I dropped the project I will not finish a full costume. I already saw photos of the blurry shot of him :D sadly somewhere at Lucasarts his costume is just laying around catching dust. So no better reference pictures :S

Unfortunately I did not finish a full costume. I had build the helmet /head of him and was not happy with it. It even bothers me so much that I decided to not work an a full costume :/
But I can absolutely understand why you are using sarco as inspiration. His design is just neat :)

I'd still love to see what you came up with. Believe me--I know full well how it goes when the outcome doesn't meet the expectation in one's projects. Many times i've had to force myself to keep going when I've wanted to hang it up.

Here is a peek at what i've come up with so far. Now please bear in mind that I am really only INSPIRED by Sarco Plank's look...I'm not aiming for an outright replication of it.

I've begun with the headpiece... taking that faceless "shell" look and doing something a bit different with it. I've taken some cues from the shape of Sarco's "helmet", but really just used it as a jumping off point for my own thing:

36246393_10216199802324093_7377995185864572928_n.jpg36261884_10216199806164189_8183069028630134784_n.jpg36344895_10216199805644176_388451947650220032_n.jpg

This was begun with four curved and tinted gas mask lenses which i ground off on the edges and glued together to approximate the "shell like" look of the face, but have decided i don't need the organic look of a shell, and will instead leave it looking a bit more austere.

The frame work of the helmet is made from wet formed leather, and I've set about attaching various greeblies according to taste.

Since I didn't care so much for Sarco's blaster, I've decided to make up my own design:

36325879_10216207083266112_4231241448890040320_n.jpg36707698_10216273313321822_647857020162015232_n.jpg

Also a work in progress. I started with an old Kodiak pump action paintball gun for the base. The two knurled cylinders both on and below the barrel are stunt pegs from my son's BMX bike. I found an old weaver scope and scout mount at a garage sale and put those on. The muzzle is a thread tree from my serging machine. :p

I'm still working on the stock. It's based on the shape of an M1919A6 stock, but I've made it from wood and am presently refining the shape.

I've decided I'll continue with all fo the props first (chest box soon to follow) before doing the soft parts... since those will be a breeze.

I would still really like to see what you came up with for the helmet. I reckon it's not as off as you think :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back