Kylo ren black series helmet mod

MasterObiWill

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a tad of a request. I am completly new to crafting props but It's something I want to make part of my life's work. Any of you folk from the Midwest, I'll be going to C2E2 as Kylo Ren this year and I was wondering for some advice from the professionals as to how to modify my Black Series helmet. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but I was hoping to make it look even MORE metallic. In addition to that, the Mike on it is a piece of bantha fodder. Anyone got a link as to how to make a mike that is similar to Kylo's real voice? I'm watching this interactive Kylo Ren experience at Disney world and I gotta say I'm impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsRAXCdLb8

And if anyone has any bright ideas on the Toys R Us Version of Kylo's Lightsaber...I'd appreciate it. And IF YOU ARE from Chicago, please feel free to PM me as I want to make crafting armor my specialty in the Cosplay/Prop world. Thank you all, May The Force Be With You!

-Will

I'm also going to C2E2 as Kylo Ren (and my wife as Rey). I assumed you have looked at some of the other black series posts on here but some of them are more complicated then you might want to attempt? For mine I took it all apart, sealed the two halfs together, added mesh for the visor, and will be trying to improve the voice changer a tad. For painting mine I'mm planning on just painting the main bucket with the hammered silver spray paint then cover with black and weather to reveal the silver. Feel free to message me if you have questions about other elements of the costume.

Here's a video of a guy who put together a new voice changer for about $60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JfLOIlGqHU

It's pretty good. A lot better than the stock voice changer in the helmet, and if you practiced changing your voice tone while using the changer, you could probably get pretty close to Kylo's voice. He hasn't released a new video showing what he used to make the changer, but he says he will. I want to message him, because I want mine to sound better as well.

-Brian

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back