Bandai Spare Parts?

TK1625

Hey everyone!

I've been bit by the Bandai bug and have dived head first into their Star Wars figure line. Sadly, during a recent move some of the door hatches for my astromech builds went missing and haven't been able to find anyone who sells/makes replacement parts.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What about getting another kit? You can't have enough droids. :)

Oh trust me, I've thought about that. Still need to get something to make these (soon to be background extras) droids some hatches. I've thought about getting some sintra or something similar and just making replacements that way...the perfectionist in me wants the proper doors though.

I've been using , believe it or not, the vinyl from a mini-blind, it's about .040 thick, easy to cut, accepts super glue and paint, is already pre- curved.....AND i paid like $5 bucks for it in a Family Dollar store!!!! Enough plastic for years to come! I think it would work nicely to make the parts you need.

I've been using , believe it or not, the vinyl from a mini-blind, it's about .040 thick, easy to cut, accepts super glue and paint, is already pre- curved.....AND i paid like $5 bucks for it in a Family Dollar store!!!! Enough plastic for years to come! I think it would work nicely to make the parts you need.

Thats an interesting idea...I wonder where I can find one.

IIRC, Bandai will sell single sprues, but this is generally only done inside Japan. You may want to ask wherever you bought the kits from if they could help you buy a sprue from Bandai. Given that these Bandai kits are not even supposed to be sold in the US at all, that may be more difficult than simply scratching new doors.

hi there I have on need for these if you want them you can have them. DSC00656.JPGDSC00657.JPG

Similar thing happened to me. I've just recently started building plastic model kits. Being the amateur builder that I was, I messed up a couple of parts AND the waterslide stickers from my first X-Wing

Does anyone have spares I could buy? Here's the picture of my x-wing:

https://ibb.co/ip6E1n

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back